Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coll you pointe'd that out. And I am glad this thread re-surfaced, as doe's my thought's of owning a 288xp. A look, and feel of there own. One of the very best:bowdown:

191660d1311397174-parts-010-jpg

Blue top full wrapped with the big dog. Might be one of my new favorites.
I need to find a matching outside dog.

And this one has a different filter than the OEM HD filter. More of a foam cylinder, that is rigged onto the intake.

Last edited:
Zack,
That is a nice sight!
BLUE TOP WITH THE FULL WRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will have one some day!!!!! Just hope sooner then later!!!

191662-picture-159-jpg

nice!
They may be slightly heavy, and out dated(not by my standards). But I sure like the way they run. Good stock saw with high compression. And are pretty mean when modded.
Pops21 has a nice woodsported one.

191660d1311397174-parts-010-jpg

And this one has a different filter than the OEM HD filter. More of a foam cylinder, that is rigged onto the intake.

sould have a k&n in it. i'll see if theres a # on mine, can't rember. i'llpost it later. you sould still be able to get them.

If that is the one I just saw go on eBay people are going to want to kill you if you tell them the price. I think that will clean up nicely and make a great saw for you. I just sold one here on AS a week ago.

IMG_0936.jpg

But that is ok because I still have this one.

IMG_0412.jpg

Nope wasnt me. Ive had that one for a while. It had broke the wrist pin outta the piston. Saw shop told the guy it was a broke crank, so he got something else.
I was hoping for a broke crank cause I had a spare, but also had a piston.

Ive got the blue top, a Hi-top. And then 1 or 2 in a box that I need to build. Ill buy every one I can get my hands on though.

Does anyone have a "okay" shape Hi-top for a 288? I have 2 and cant seem to come up w/the rest of the parts! I've got some $$ and possibly some parts.

bought a 288xp on Ebay

I am waiting for it to get here. Little nervous about buying it not running it first. This was the description on it.
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A USED, PROFESSIONAL, HUSQVANA 288XP CHAINSAW WITH A 20 INCH BAR AND CHAIN. THIS CHAINSAW STARTS, RUNS AND IDLES AS IT SHOULD. THIS SAW SHOULD BE TUNED FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENT. THE CRANKCASE HAS BEEN REPAINTED. THE MUFFLER IS MISSING THE DEFLECTOR. A COLD COMPRESSION TEST WAS PERFORMED AND IS PICTURED IN THIS LISTING. THIS SAW IS SOLD AS IS. WE DID ADD A BAR PLATE, SPARK PLUG, CHAIN TENSION SCREW, CLUTCH, CLUTCH COVER, PISTON, STARTER HANDLE & ROPE, CHAIN-STOP, CRANK SEALS AND REBUILT THE CARBURETOR. Paid 335.00 for it. I am hoping its a good deal fo me.View attachment 194632View attachment 194633View attachment 194634View attachment 194635View attachment 194636

I'm waiting for a P/C kit to show up for mine and I cant wait. 288XP's are fast cuttin hot rods.

I am waiting for it to get here. Little nervous about buying it not running it first. This was the description on it.
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A USED, PROFESSIONAL, HUSQVANA 288XP CHAINSAW WITH A 20 INCH BAR AND CHAIN. THIS CHAINSAW STARTS, RUNS AND IDLES AS IT SHOULD. THIS SAW SHOULD BE TUNED FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENT. THE CRANKCASE HAS BEEN REPAINTED. THE MUFFLER IS MISSING THE DEFLECTOR. A COLD COMPRESSION TEST WAS PERFORMED AND IS PICTURED IN THIS LISTING. THIS SAW IS SOLD AS IS. WE DID ADD A BAR PLATE, SPARK PLUG, CHAIN TENSION SCREW, CLUTCH, CLUTCH COVER, PISTON, STARTER HANDLE & ROPE, CHAIN-STOP, CRANK SEALS AND REBUILT THE CARBURETOR. Paid 335.00 for it. I am hoping its a good deal fo me.View attachment 194632View attachment 194633View attachment 194634View attachment 194635View attachment 194636

I can see the saw in you tiny pics. That is a lot of work to be done to a saw, but if it was done correctly, it will last you a long time. Resize your pics and repost them.

resized the pics

I can see the saw in you tiny pics. That is a lot of work to be done to a saw, but if it was done correctly, it will last you a long time. Resize your pics and repost them.

I hope the pictures are bigger. this saw was given just over $200 in new parts not counting any of the labor. the only issue is the muffler exhaust deflector as stated in the listing. many people remove these anyway so the saw breaths better and run cooler

Back