Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Anyone ordered a HiTop kit 503 61 76 03 from Husqvarna U.S. recently? Baileys is showing them as on 'backorder'

Alternatively, individual p/n's or ipl for 288 model with same so i can begin acquiring cover, filter and correct elbow for LoTop i have been offered really appreciated.

Cheers, Adam...

Glad Im not the only one, not a 288 per say but , dreams of cuttin down trees and stuff of the sort. Thats funny, always seams so real. Maybe it cuz I sleep next to an old battle axe!!!! hahhahahahahahaha

Well mine ain't so little, think shes allergic to gold, that ring made her swell up , oh well. She also doesn't get why I have more than one chainsaw,
she always says shat like, why you need more than one, you can only use one at a time! same thing she don't get it. oh well.

She only has 3 believe it or not!!!! hmmm we do live in san diego so she only ever wears flip flops. one pair of running shoes 2 yrs old but like new still go figure and some combat boots.haha

I hope the pictures are bigger. this saw was given just over $200 in new parts not counting any of the labor. the only issue is the muffler exhaust deflector as stated in the listing. many people remove these anyway so the saw breaths better and run cooler

Used the saw for the first time today. WOW I love it. It was only a Boxelder tree but it cut like butter with that saw. I just let the saw do the work hardly had to give any effort.

Fixing to start another 281/288 build. What do you fellas think, use the thick ring piston or thin ring? At one point Id like to build a race saw with a tuned pipe. Thought maybe the thin ring would be better for that than a work saw?
It will only be a 81 cc saw instead of the 88cc, but how many of the same thing do you need :)

Last edited:
Fixing to start another 281/288 build. What do you fellas think. Use the thick ring piston or thin ring. At one point Id like to build another one with super wide ports, and maybe a tuned pipe. Thought maybe the thin ring would be better for that than a work saw?
It will only be a 81 cc saw instead of the 88cc, but how many of the same thing do you need :)

Zac I looked at the P/C on my 181 and she has 2 thin ring's ain't had the muff off the 281 so i am not sure what she got.

Fixing to start another 281/288 build. What do you fellas think. Use the thick ring piston or thin ring. At one point Id like to build another one with super wide ports, and maybe a tuned pipe. Thought maybe the thin ring would be better for that than a work saw?

I just built a 281 a couple months ago (Thick ring), and if I didn't know better, I would swear it was a 288 (And a strong one at that) when I was cutting with it....

I think there's a bit to gain from using an early 181se cylinder that originally used the thin ring piston, as it has a bit smaller combustion chamber.....If you've got a thin ring piston and rings, I guess run it, but from my point of view it's just too hard to find rings for those these days. The thick ring pistons run strong anyway!

Ive got a 281 piston and cylinder Ive had for a while. (Im a hoarder) :) And then just picked up a 181 that was missing some parts, but I knew it had a good piston and cylinder.
So I have the choice of either one... Maybe I just have too much junk!

Ive got a 281 piston and cylinder Ive had for a while. (Im a hoarder) :) And then just picked up a 181 that was missing some parts, but I knew it had a good piston and cylinder.

Never too much junk!!! A fella should be able to bathe in spare pistons and cylinders like Scrooge McDuck in his money!:tongue2:

I would use the 181 cylinder over the 281. The 181 is much higher quality being made by Gilardoni as opposed to the Mahle 281 and supposedly has a smaller combustion chamber. I have a take off here that came with a 2 thin ring full circle windowed piston. When I took it off the stock saw it was blowing 160psi and I don't think it have a decompression valve.

Latest posts

Back