I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought 2 saws off of the local CL that I saw in this thread. Thanks again, by the way!

In each case, I responded and did not hear back for a few days, so I figured that someone else got the saws. Then I got an e-mail asking if I was still interested. Neither seller seemed like a rabid CL guy or a flipper. Each saw was older and priced in the $40 range, so it was an 'either-you-want-it-or-you-don't' type situation'.

Not sure why either of them picked me, if they took their time getting around to responding, or if they had offered it to others who passed first.

Philbert

No problem, pal. While I was hacking into craigslist's server the other day, to add my weekly "free firewood, all you have to do is clear and sod my 6 acre lot that is on a .5:1 slope" ad, I took the liberty of installing a program that allows me to triangulate AS members locations via their IP address and cross reference that with all craigslist postings before they actually make it to the CL website. Then it takes the ads and blocks them from anyone local for the first 6 hours of the listing. It also automatically calls the seller and tells them they should ask more money.

It's still in the beta phase but, I think it has potential. :potstir:

Truly evil incarnate - I love it! I think you pressed almost every button. Oh, wait a minute... Will your coding introduce any spelling faux pas?

Truly evil incarnate - I love it! I think you pressed almost every button. Oh, wait a minute... Will your coding introduce any spelling faux pas?

Good idea! I will try to incorporate that into version 8.9. I'm also implementing a photo editor that makes every photo show as a mini mac, no matter what the ad is actually for. :devil:

Here's one you don't see every day:

bar cover - $25 (north branch)
Date: 2012-05-31, 9:38PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Designer chain saw bar covers for sale. Be the first on the block to have a one of kind bar cover. Raised letters with your name/company name/any name. made in my shop to fit your chain saw.
Key words: Chain saw Bar parts special

5Ia5N25H83Lc3Je3H1c5ve179fbdadaa71ba5.jpg

A lot of Mac parts on the pittsburg, PA craigslist

Here's something for the old yellow Mac fans... :msp_biggrin:

McCulloch chainsaw parts (Greensburg Pa 15601)

McCulloch chainsaw parts (Greensburg Pa 15601)
Date: 2012-06-05, 10:11AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

I have a lot of parts for older, vintage or antique McCulloch chainsaws. Will sell parts separately or entire lot. Prices can be negotiated. Have parts for Mac 30, 35, 110, 120, 130, 6, 310, 320 and parts may fit other models. Also have some engines and new chains. Would like to sell these older parts because they don't make them any more and once they are gone they are gone. What don't sell i will have to scrap. Call 724-836-2112 if no answer leave message and number will call back thanks.

5L55U45H53E43Gb3lec5j399f9cb59a8e1b88.jpg
5G35Kb5J83n63J13N9c5j91dcd5868b211bef.jpg

5N25E85Jd3E63M73N5c5jaa342fc9dc47181e.jpg
5I55Nf5H13E43K73M4c5j0635f683d1d916ee.jpg

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3025553530

A little pricey, but with the wrap handlebar and free shipping I think it is worth it. I already have one, so this one is all yours. BTW this is hands down my favorite saw in the under 50cc class. And that includes modern saws as well.

Homelite Super EZ Automatic Chainsaw 16" Bar & Chain, Runs & Looks Great! C58 | eBay

I agree 100%. That seller is one of us too (AS member). It sold, so smebody got a good saw.

This is the guy that sold one to cbfarmall .... and almost conned leeha out of a bunch of $$!

OLD HOMELITE CHAINSAW

Wow. That son of a ##### sold that saw what.......................TWO WEEKS AGO to Chris and he's STILL relisting it? What a douchebag...:msp_thumbdn:

I agree 100%. That seller is one of us too (AS member). It sold, so smebody got a good saw.

Wow. That son of a ##### sold that saw what.......................TWO WEEKS AGO to Chris and he's STILL relisting it? What a douchebag...:msp_thumbdn:

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he does indeed have another one. (Though, I figured he would have tried to sell it to me the same time as the other 995G.) That said, I went out a double-checked that I still have mine! According to what Ted told me, he wants quite a bit more for the second saw.

Chris B.

Back