Importance of vacuum/pressure testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did we go from vacuum testing to vacuum tubes... I'd post a pic of my vacuum tube tester to try steer things back on to testing... but that would be flawed logic, & this is far nicer to look at...
View attachment 1208855
Bhwahahahaha is that yours? I LOVE it! I see a bunch of 12AX7/AU7 type preamp tubes. Is that power tube an EL34 or a big 6L6? It’s gorgeous.

Nice blackplate halos on those 12AX7’s of AT7’s or whatever they are. I used to be able to ID most of that stuff on sight but it’s been a LONG time since I had loads and loads of tubes… (although I still gots some for sure 😁)

It's my dads, along with a multitude of other valve based components & half dozen valve amps, driving a bunch of electrostatic speakers - I'm just the muggins that has to keep it all working.
I'd post more pic's but (aside from steering us further off topic) most of it is shamefully dusty

I put a new socket in a friends TL-922 amplifier yesterday. Once the pins start dripping solder really might as well replace the socket. Filaments 5 volts at 15 amps. Lot of current. 3-500Z tube. Not audio obviously.
15 amps!!! Be careful, fella 😁

Just five volts. Probably wouldn't even feel it. Flip the amp over and there is about 2500 volts on the anode.
It will kill you.
Yep… that big heavy metal inside those… some of those capacitors can kill you even if the amp is unplugged… I remember what I was taught “be the one handed electrician” 🤣 (right so it doesn’t send current straight through your heart) 😳

Latest posts

Back