Strange symptom/Stihl 192C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louky1150

Reaction score
I am 75, try to maintain my own equipment, but this one has me stumped. This saw will start readily, runs good for about 5 minutes, then starts to bog. I suspected a fuel delivery problem and changed the pick up filter, air filter, and cleaned the spark arrestor with no improvement. The part that has me stumped is that it will start and run fine again after leaving it sit for 15 minutes but then does the same thing. It seems like if it was running rich and fouling the plug that it would not start back up and run the second and third time. BTW, full tank of fresh gas. Does anyone have advice as to what to try next? Thanks!

This could be a case of low compression. To my knowledge, engines with lower compression will loose more compression when hot, then when it cools the engine will turn over. Once started, the parts will slowly expand and the piston will seize to the cylinder again.

Source: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/r...ye0zH08Ja_pbCKN_QoU9DfTMpgQ3MsNZrU_iVh4zk40l4

If possible, remove the muffler amd check the piston/cylinder.

Latest posts

Back