In search of a Craftsman/Poulan S25CVA service manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aljewett

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a neat little saw yesterday, $10 yard sale buy. Red Craftsman, but it's definitely a Poulan rebadge. It's very clean, everything looks original. Guessing that it's a 1980-ish vintage, the fuel line is done. (Thanks again, ethanol)
The fuel line takes a weird route from the tank to the air box, so I was hoping to find a shop manual for this little guy.

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

I picked up a neat little saw yesterday, $10 yard sale buy. Red Craftsman, but it's definitely a Poulan rebadge. It's very clean, everything looks original. Guessing that it's a 1980-ish vintage, the fuel line is done. (Thanks again, ethanol)
The fuel line takes a weird route from the tank to the air box, so I was hoping to find a shop manual for this little guy.

View attachment 1181451

View attachment 1181452
Check your inbox.

Lots of you tube info about those saws and fuel line layout.
They are not all the same for fuel line routing.
I use tygon fuel lines on those.
AND yes some are not user friendly to replace.
Good little saws if it's really a S25, worth the effort. Lots of parts on ebay.

Thanks for sending that to atomic67 Ray. I was able to track down an OEM carb kit, but it's still giving me a bit of grief. Another ultrasonic bath tonight for the carb, should run a bit better after that. It's too nice to shelve, I'd like to get it running 100%, maybe do a bit of trimming........;-))

Ray, I ordered a new o-ring for my oil pump, but am confused on its location. The parts manual does not indicate if it goes behind the oil tube or does it go in the pump body. Both locations have a recess where an oring could possibly fit. When I initially disassembled there was not an o-ring which may have been one of the reasons the system didn't work properly

Ray, I ordered a new o-ring for my oil pump, but am confused on its location. The parts manual does not indicate if it goes behind the oil tube or does it go in the pump body. Both locations have a recess where an oring could possibly fit. When I initially disassembled there was not an o-ring which may have been one of the reasons the system didn't work properly
Look at page 14 in the S25 service manual, shows an exploded view.

Back