It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one for ya Gary

attachment.php

gary seems to loose focus on the task at hand pretty easy:monkey:

HAHAHAHA! :laugh:

I need to make that my desktop background.

Brian also has a pic of me makin' a cut at the Buckley Log Show with the Termite... we were on our way to prolly out best sub 2 second cut through 30" cottonwood, when the harmonic damper cover hit my right knee. You can see the cover sitting on my knee in the pic, and the saw cocked over sideways.

We had just installed that cover prolly 2 weeks before the Log Show. If it wouldn't have been there... it would have shattered my kneecap. :dizzy:

Gary

Last edited:
sorry, I can not disclose the location of that shop.. :monkey:

I did drive through snohomish today and even though I had seen that log hundreds of times I just realized that it was the one in the picture I just bought 2 weeks ago.

I grew up 1 block off 522, echo lake road. highbridge huh? 3 rivers ?

Cedarkerf and sawbones.... what a small world... I currently live off of 206th ST

why do all those V8 saws run the old preditor carbs?

The saws are tipped back at an extreme angle sometimes before making a cut... Then slammed forward as the cut is made... the variable venturi design and the float configuration compensate for the angles these saws are tipped at.

Some guys run Holleys... but most have the Predator carbs...

Or... maybe because they look cool... :laugh:

Gary

Back in the late 90s That was my saw shop. Thats when I switched to square ground because of them. spent hours talkin to the guy that owned that shop he was a great guy. Hauled countless loads of shingle and shake bolts to the Cedar mill next door that i heard burned down since. And saw bones great pics.

Sam Wold was a legend in these parts. I have some of his collection now.

Sam died in april 06. shop closed about 4 months later. I bought the inventory and lots of Sam's cool stuff.

This last august I did my first major vintage chainsaw display at the tractor show in Monroe and took some of Sam's stuff to display.
Lots of great conversations about that big guy at the saw shop. Every body knew him around here.

After the original shake mill burned Gary moved the band saw into that shed with the painting on it. Garys new shake-shingle shop is now 1/4 mile east of old shop.

The guy that bought the saw shop property had some good plans for a shopping mall and is planning on including some space for me to set up small museum.

his plans looked great but with the economy the way it is its hard to say now if or when this will happen. ric.

found a good pic of sam yesterday at the chamber of commerce.

CIMG3681.jpg

CIMG3680.jpg

CIMG3679.jpg

kartintime012.jpg

sams hard hat
CIMG3641.jpg

this calendar is 1981. sam started selling homelite around 1960.then picked up mac. stihl came in early 70's. over the years he sold dolmar, husky, echo, jonsred, pioneer, shindawa. maybe more.
as well as logging supplys.
CIMG3624.jpg

Great post

Great pics of Sam quite the life story. Cozy little shop no flash pure function. I remember the saws on the walls and all the old posters on the wall. Matter of fact Sam gave me my first Stihl calendar. Back in the day when LEE loggers where the pants of choice for the woods. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Back