It's here! The M-Tronic MS261C is finally here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread.

That stamped bucking spike really bugs me. Just don't belong on THIS saw.

I've got a first stage Snelled 261 and it really re-shapes the performance of the saw. And helped to get the wife more involved in making firewood with me, it sure did the trick, not to loud or radical. And she seems to be even more understanding about this CAD stuff now. Thanks Brad.

I'm all for a saw that's good on fuel but with the gas going bad as fast as it does now a days even with Stabilizer sign me up for a bad ass gas guzzler :rock:

Yup, I think the SS-1 sounds like a fantastic option.

Brad, does this M-Tronic have that "strong start" feeling that my 441C has? Half-hearted pulls on it result in an enthusiastic jump to life, especially warm. It's one of my favorite characteristics of my C-M.

MM

attachment.php

now thats neat

That's a video I would like to see there....... is how to cut and bend them louvers that clean. I am with OM on the MM thing too.

I am not brand loyal to anything except what will start for me when I get ready to go cut firewood, but I hope after you get done porting this 261C it absolutely chews a 346xtra puss up and spits it out like yesterday's cud! :pumpkin2::potstir::msp_wink::popcorn: I might actually buy one day if it does.

I open up the hole under the factory deflector to the edges of the deflector. I grind a slot in the tube inside the muffler, from the back side. I then louver the opposite side of the muffler. There are no screens currently on this saw. If a spark arrestor is needed, the louver would have to be replaced with a deflector and screen.

Excellent information. Just what I was looking for -- Thanks!

Compression jumped from 165 to 185 by simply dropping the cylinder .015". That also bought us a couple degrees of intake duration. The exhaust will be raised a couple degrees when ported.
IMG_1110-M.jpg

Here's the coil that feeds the new carb.
IMG_1112-M.jpg

Tuning the regular MS261 leaves me hoping that I didn't leave much on the table. The rev limiter kicks in about 13,700. The 261 limiter used to not kick in until about 15,100. It sure makes it a lot more iffy tuning a modded saw.

Back