Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my 2165 with an 8-pin, might have been a little too much for it but had to try it just for $hit$ & giggles.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5iWeqoNhTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L5iWeqoNhTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Here’s my 2165 with an 8-pin, might have been a little too much for it but had to try it just for $hit$ & giggles.

Pulled it better than I thought it would. An eight pin takes cubes that is for sure. Nice saw.

What is the purpose of the long downward cut on the right side of that trunk?

What is the orange pry bar for in the other picture?

We were taught to make our notches like that so the tree stays on the stump the entire way down, maintaining the same direction and not rolling or doing any other fun stuff. I've only recently started feeling secure enough at felling to start thinking about experimenting with other ways of notching. Saving as much wood as possible isn't a concern, since most of this ends up as firewood at best, or gets left to rot by the land-owner.

The pry-bar is something we sometimes use instead of or in addition to wedges to fell a tree. In the picture where you can see it, I used it to tip over all three of those trees at the same time, as the twigs were intertwined and they weren't going anywhere on their own. I try to use wedges as much as possible though, and the pry bar as little as I can get away with. (It sees usage at most a couple of times a day)

I'll have to notch a few like that next time I'm out and see what I get. Interesting.

Where would the model number be on a Jonsereds?

Has decomp, and black plastic handle kind of like a 910. Cant get one of the bolts out yet to check the bore...

No chain brake, but the cover has the place for a band and parts I think.

Hey fellers, I was talkin with spike60 one day and he mentioned some really cool Jonsereds that I should consider gettin, seein that i am a jonsereds man. Heck of it is, i deleted the darn pm. Without botherin spike as I know he has a business to run, can anyone tell me some of the older jonsereds models that were "exspensive to make", that were the best models they produced. I sure would appreciate fellers.. thanks in advance-hillbilly22...................

Hey fellers, I was talkin with spike60 one day and he mentioned some really cool Jonsereds that I should consider gettin, seein that i am a jonsereds man. Heck of it is, i deleted the darn pm. Without botherin spike as I know he has a business to run, can anyone tell me some of the older jonsereds models that were "exspensive to make", that were the best models they produced. I sure would appreciate fellers.. thanks in advance-hillbilly22...................

I have a 70E that is great, nothing else I own sounds even close to how it does. I think there is an even bigger version of it or two 80 and maybe even a 90.

The 621 and 49SP are supposed to be really good too.

I have a 70E that is great, nothing else I own sounds even close to how it does. I think there is an even bigger version of it or two 80 and maybe even a 90.

The 621 and 49SP are supposed to be really good too.

Thank you Brian. I do remember spike mentioning those. :computer:

Where would the model number be on a Jonsereds?

Has decomp, and black plastic handle kind of like a 910. Cant get one of the bolts out yet to check the bore...

No chain brake, but the cover has the place for a band and parts I think.
Tore it down, cleaned it up a little. Bore is at 53 mm or so.

Looks to be complete, the rear handle is a little messed up, but doesnt look broken.

Ill try to stick some parts back on it and get some pictures, if that would help with a ID.

My 70E has an 8-pin???

Nice, are you cutting in a river?

Thanks, it’s a small creek that we run kayaks down when the water is high. The folks that live around it would rather see the wood gone also. In the past they’ve had a couple pretty nasty ice jams in the spring that can cause some serious flooding.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Found this on my bench. Not sure where I acquired it.
May have posted about it before,, but getting old!!
What is it???
The thing has pinned my 200lbs compression gauge,, probaly 220-230psi comp!!
Run when gets gas down the hole!!

Looks to me like a late model 621 with the chain brake. I think you will find the brake operates a small shoe against the clutch drum, and a stop switch that kills the engine when activated.

I believe that air filter cover (black plastic) with the flat bottom indicates the 621 over other potential models.

My first new saw ever was a 621 in 1981, I ran it had for more than 25 years before it finally failed the PTO side bearing. I suspect that whole story is already in this thread somewhere.

Mark

That's exactly how the brake on my 70E is "supposed" to work...

I do not have one but from several different people on AS it is one of Jonsereds finest.

Back