Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another out-on-the-job picture, this time with a brand spanking new 20" bar. Rocked the chain on my 18" yesterday and needed a spare one and there was none to be found. Can't really work with no spares so had to go up a size in order to get what I needed. The ATV is a Yamaha Grizzly 660, which is not only an extremely fun toy to mess around with, but also a very very powerful machine that helps us get our jobs done.

dsc00173zw.jpg

Chris.....

She's a beaut Chris! She really is! I can't wait to get my 2188 ported. I'll try and post a pick of it with my 24" b/c

briantutt....

Thank you for starting this thread. I think it should become a sticky thing or whatever.....lol
I love Jonsereds!

Another out-on-the-job picture, this time with a brand spanking new 20" bar. Rocked the chain on my 18" yesterday and needed a spare one and there was none to be found. Can't really work with no spares so had to go up a size in order to get what I needed. The ATV is a Yamaha Grizzly 660, which is not only an extremely fun toy to mess around with, but also a very very powerful machine that helps us get our jobs done.

dsc00173zw.jpg

Nice Johnny bar, what did that set ya back?

got a question..............

what were the years Jonsered started and stopped making the 820? I just need to know when this saw was made because I might buy it.

It might be. Stamped "Made in Canada" but so are the Jred chains (Or at least the boxes they came in) I picked up and I gather that they're made by Oregon as well.

Many Husky/Jred bars and all their chain are made by Oregon - some have said that Husky owns Oregon, but that is not true.

Straight gased project finished tonight. 2163 sleeper, BB under the hood. Should be interesting with a small tail. Some pics for ya.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well fellers, i just got Jonsered 2171. Ill post some pics of it when i pick it up this Wednesday. I was glad to get one of the last ones. Im sure theres prolly plenty more, but just like the 372 xpw they just dont make em anymore and considering Jonsered is my saw, I just had to have one.:cheers:

Jonsered is indeed owned by Husky. It pains me to say this, but at this point Jonsered would more accurately be described as a brand, than a company. Other than the folks assigned to the marketing of Jonsered, there is nothing else unique about it that separates it from the parent organization. Even Jonsered parts come in bags that are labeled "Husqvarna Group".

Can't really view this a a bad thing though. Some guys like to take the negative viewpoint that Jonsered was "gobbled up", but being in the industry for 20 years, I see it a little different. In my mind, it's the main reason Jonsered is still with us, so to me it's a positive thing. Better to have Jonsered with us as it is today, than to be on that long list of companies that aren't around anymore.

So how does it run? How big of a BB? Inquiring minds want to know.

Have not fired it yet. Was a little late when I finished. Aftermarket 75cc kit. Not a big fan of the aftermarket cylinders but I had two sitting here....... Much grinding was needed to make it use full. Saw is fairly clean. This was one of those..."Hey I got a saw that doesn't run, do ya want to buy it?" calls.

Jonsered is indeed owned by Husky. It pains me to say this, but at this point Jonsered would more accurately be described as a brand, than a company. Other than the folks assigned to the marketing of Jonsered, there is nothing else unique about it that separates it from the parent organization. Even Jonsered parts come in bags that are labeled "Husqvarna Group".

Can't really view this a a bad thing though. Some guys like to take the negative viewpoint that Jonsered was "gobbled up", but being in the industry for 20 years, I see it a little different. In my mind, it's the main reason Jonsered is still with us, so to me it's a positive thing. Better to have Jonsered with us as it is today, than to be on that long list of companies that aren't around anymore.

Well said Bob...Sad but very true.....It seems to me that when Husky and Jonsereds got together it was good for both brands, with both coming out with new, similar models that were better than either were separately producing at the time (for the most part anyway) Personally I miss the design and build of the older Jonsereds with a lot attention to ease of repair and simple, efficient power delivery. Hardly a saw that works smoother than a 621. More power and better AV on newer models maybe but still none act as deliberate as those workhorses!! IMHO....:cheers:

Back