Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info spike. I should have known all was well with Jonsered. I just saw somewhere on the site that Jonsered as of recently was owned by someone else. :cheers:

Thanks for the info spike. I should have known all was well with Jonsered. I just saw somewhere on the site that Jonsered as of recently was owned by someone else. :cheers:

Was that comment in the "Warranty repair on Jonsered" thread? I was confused, but now understand that Husqvarna does own Jonsered, and Tilton Equipment is the US distributor for Jred, and Tilton handles warranty issues for Jreds sold in the US. If I'm wrong someone will correct me ;).

Jonsered is indeed owned by Husky. It pains me to say this, but at this point Jonsered would more accurately be described as a brand, than a company. Other than the folks assigned to the marketing of Jonsered, there is nothing else unique about it that separates it from the parent organization. Even Jonsered parts come in bags that are labeled "Husqvarna Group".

Can't really view this a a bad thing though. Some guys like to take the negative viewpoint that Jonsered was "gobbled up", but being in the industry for 20 years, I see it a little different. In my mind, it's the main reason Jonsered is still with us, so to me it's a positive thing. Better to have Jonsered with us as it is today, than to be on that long list of companies that aren't around anymore.

:agree2:

As someone said, well said! :)

Was that comment in the "Warranty repair on Jonsered" thread? I was confused, but now understand that Husqvarna does own Jonsered, and Tilton Equipment is the US distributor for Jred, and Tilton handles warranty issues for Jreds sold in the US. If I'm wrong someone will correct me ;).

Jonsered and Husky have different sales organisations, so the Husky sales org. (including Husky USA) has basically nothing to do with Jonsered.

Well said Bob...Sad but very true.....It seems to me that when Husky and Jonsereds got together it was good for both brands, with both coming out with new, similar models that were better than either were separately producing at the time (for the most part anyway) Personally I miss the design and build of the older Jonsereds with a lot attention to ease of repair and simple, efficient power delivery. Hardly a saw that works smoother than a 621. More power and better AV on newer models maybe but still none act as deliberate as those workhorses!! IMHO....:cheers:

That opens a new can of worms, that can be discussed until we get blue - I believe the 1970s Jonsereds saws just were too costly to make, in the eyes of E-lux and Husky (that E-lux selected as their main brand)......:cheers:

75cc 2163

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jCNqGKmgrYE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jCNqGKmgrYE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That opens a new can of worms, that can be discussed until we get blue - I believe the 1970s Jonsereds saws just were too costly to make, in the eyes of E-lux and Husky (that E-lux selected as their main brand)......:cheers:

I don't think many people will disagree with you; those saws were indeed more costly to make. That's one of the reasons that they were such good saws, and IMO better than anything else on the market at that time.

They sure saved some money on many of the models that came next, that's for sure. Saws like 510SP's and the 400/500 saws, (except the Partner based 490/590), were pretty lame IMO. Arrrrgh! Don't get me going on those things. :givebeer:

They sure saved some money on many of the models that came next, that's for sure. Saws like 510SP's and the 400/500 saws, (except the Partner based 490/590), were pretty lame IMO. Arrrrgh! Don't get me going on those things. :givebeer:

Yes, those saws even look halv crappy, vs. the earlier and even the later ones! ;)

Yes, those saws even look halv crappy, vs. the earlier and even the later ones! ;)

Yes I agree whole heartedly. I completely gave up on the Jonsereds brand during that phase. They were in insult to what the brand had once been!!

As I said earlier, they really were helped by the merger but I believe Husky was too, at the time..better saws in orange and red both came to be. :cheers:

My little hottie has been busy out in the cold norwegian woods lately, and the heated handles are a massive asset I must say.

DSC00198.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Taking a breather and touching up the chain is always nice, this and refueling are our only real sources of downtime outside of lunch.

IMG_1247.jpg

Done for the day:

IMG_1201.jpg

All in all, I love this saw and how well it runs and performs in these temperatures (around -10 celcius most days, fairly cold for how early in the winter it is) and lineclearing does provide me with a lot of fun, challenging trees to cut. I love this job. :cheers:

jonsered

i cant remember what year in the 80s my brother in law bought a new
450 jonsered he is gone now but i keep the saw running for my nephew
its been one tough saw even with him using motor oil as premix sometimes? its still hard as hell to start and the compression is amazing my 288 is far easier to start but the red saws as they are known in my area are very well respected and sought after sorry no pics crappy computer.

75cc 2163

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jCNqGKmgrYE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jCNqGKmgrYE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That saw is wicked!

Thats some great pics Chris! I fell a big locust with my 2188 this Saturday, it was a real pleasure runnin that saw! between the 346 and the 2188 it made very quick work outta that locust

Yes sir. That saw is the fastest 503637976 based saw I have ever built. Itchin to try a 16" with an eight pin.

Do it man! Post the vids when ya do. Im havin a brand new 2171 ported and cant wait to get it goin. Im think its gonna take a bit to get broke in though as with any new saw though. But heck, that will be fun too.

Do it man! Post the vids when ya do. Im havin a brand new 2171 ported and cant wait to get it goin. Im think its gonna take a bit to get broke in though as with any new saw though. But heck, that will be fun too.

Will do. These saws break in great. That was the first tank in that vid BTW. Cant wait til she wakes up!

Back