Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished this one up a few days ago. Came to me with a scuffed piston. Quickly cleaned the cylinder with some acid, dropped in a Meteor, new crank seals, fuel line, etc. and the saw is purring like a cat. Runs just like another 670 Champ I remember. I think the muffler could use some paint.

Chris B.

jons670_6.jpg

jons670_5.jpg

Finished this one up a few days ago. Came to me with a scuffed piston. Quickly cleaned the cylinder with some acid, dropped in a Meteor, new crank seals, fuel line, etc. and the saw is purring like a cat. Runs just like another 670 Champ I remember. I think the muffler could use some paint.

Chris B.

jons670_6.jpg

jons670_5.jpg

Sweet! looks good from here!

Brian

What is the difference between the 670 Super and the 670 Champ? I think I have one of each model headed my way.

If it's a Super II, then nothing. If it's just a Super, then a lot. Different Crankcase, top cover, ignition, and possibly the chainbrake/clutch cover.

Thank you. Both arrived today. The Champ is missing the filter cover and the bar adjuster. Any availability on either? Will a Husky bar adjuster work?? Appreciate the knowledge in this this thread!

Had one of my 801s out today:
Jonsered80120111030.jpg

I sure do like those old red saws! :)

Nice Chris.....They do have a way about them...and though a little heavy will still produce a ton of wood in short order!! I've got several 24" ash butts that I will be puting my 80 with a 24" Winsor and brand new Oregon 73GLX to work on this afternoon. Gotta love that "Sound of Power"!!!

I just picked up a 630v tonight. I need a brake handle for it. The clutch cover, break band, and mechanism are all there, but the "flag" handle is gone. Is the handle for the Husky 61 that I see on Bailey's the same part?

This saw has the heated handle option, but the handle got crunched and I'm in need of a new one. I'm betting a heated handle would be real hard to come by...

I just picked up a 630v tonight. I need a brake handle for it. The clutch cover, break band, and mechanism are all there, but the "flag" handle is gone. Is the handle for the Husky 61 that I see on Bailey's the same part?

This saw has the heated handlebar option, but the handle got crunched and I'm in need of a new one. I'm betting a heated handle would be real hard to come by...

Stumpy hooked me up with the brake handle. Thanks, Stumpy!!

Still looking for the handlebar

Taking the 630v out for the first time to cut today. Gave it a cleaning, new plug, fuel line, fuel filter, and cleaned the air filter. Should be fun! :blob2:

New 70E, 1982 model. Put together out of the box around 1985, ran once, drained, and put on the garage shelf for a nice 25 year nap.

Very, very, very sweet.......but just for the record...that is not a Jonsered...it's true blue Jonsereds!!! The real deal!! Good score!!!

BTW welcome top the site!!!

Latest posts

Back