Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CS2245 done and gone. This saw was not too bad to work on. I did put a dab of Threebond where the seals and gaskets come together just to be sure.

View attachment 1181291

BTW there Robin, yours was missing the spark plug cover...

Mark
Yep....that..... and few other details once comparing pics. You never see any top covers better than those two though!!!.........even the same length Winsor bar with no paint. Uncanny resemblense you must admit!!

Nope......conventional tri-axle log truck with loader carries/delivers 8 cord of 30 foot what they call "Tree Length" to the load. What is shown in the pic was once one full truck load.
Sure...if said 'log-truck load', I would have gotten it...lol. Here you can buy a log-truck load (33's usually, 40's on the coast)) and they'll deliver with a self-loader. Good economical way to get your firewood....all you have to do is cut up your lengths. Beats going up in the woods, securing a permit, and only cutting deadfall punk stuff, snags or standing dead(widow makers).

Kevin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1561952221...iYQar4rZvJiS1sIgBbDZgUbpSg==|tkp:BFBMjuOHwYRk

I sense an old guy. First, he calls it a 110 and then a 111s. I guess it's another $1,000 over-market for the fine tape wrap job on the recoil handle. Otherwise, I can't fathom why it's priced so high for the condition. Tiny bar for that saw....what would be the point....:rolleyes:

There should be a video of it starting/running and a few free steak/champagne dinners too for that price......is 'Make Offer' though.:cool:

Kevin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156195222132?itmmeta=01J0J11Y61DT18W5E6FZX7C8TY&hash=item245df5f274:g:bkMAAOSwAhJmNYYo&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8FEHzyUOaDbBR8VvajR7B+oEpRMRZWhI2+0dM4U7pVxmdmRFW71aLqTJUm5JoDObjjit45DgvbL6eohZA09QKaFH0qgC0WyfU6/EHg809AfYmR3bYuSllVR3g+uSbWCwitejbH7leG4Tn4VK8oXCDpou2nZr0CSqimhOWEt1sEKwNd8qQ4hOsMwgzDIpeVGWFf/qq83Nfa5H14nRgHVgjViHNCx/Aqndq0Cued7sWNpls/veksOunnRrS6ozr132fzJ5UL9uy0630Y9LePYHI+CYqYdsWkbvOZ0N5IoDiYQar4rZvJiS1sIgBbDZgUbpSg==|tkp:BFBMjuOHwYRk

I sense an old guy. First, he calls it a 110 and then a 111s. I guess it's another $1,000 over-market for the fine tape wrap job on the recoil handle. Otherwise, I can't fathom why it's priced so high for the condition. Tiny bar for that saw....what would be the point....:rolleyes:

There should be a video of it starting/running and a few free steak/champagne dinners too for that price......is 'Make Offer' though.:cool:

Kevin
Then there's this old moth eaten rig......same price more or less.....looks like it actually has a lot less hours of use than the first one........crazy prices either way!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166657641484?itmmeta=01J0K9CBMHQA4WPFSFTPWW2FGZ&hash=item26cd91cc0c:g:Ip4AAOSwweRl-dMF&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8D37ZJ+xuR5y8agzPDMZKmx80P/+cC99JCL5xihzQBHZoYLHK3aKHFxWc4MhUBvojBsCgtel+ap0LXYMiAhVut99oAnAUrV5lCS9QzA2uXV1ULq5dxIh6xrWvsDWCmbvCrywldSJjzP3akHHs86iAcXFmFkFRIPSu4E4mzvIO3qTihPx7kE+taqRlMQL6LcKzNWAT9I3E6qZlHFrP9vlCaKbYx03fFiiMEVJ/hxIsvkdDuYNtvW7P6hm/SaBjg0bfAkW8kcqfpsEzgy8tnd3FDl47r7MJn6CM7qYR15dqrocnVJ84lVd93CYw7eDZsFdxA==|tkp:Bk9SR6q6semEZA

LOL....looks like that one has been around since BC. I'm wondering about the color fade....probably whatever camera he used, looks orange almost.

Both have 'Make Offer'. If they sell that way, we don't get to see the price. At least he's not touting "West Coast bar".....sick of seeing that as more money since most peeps east of here don't care and don't want that. Two-piece top cover, that's a plus......does have some concrete cancer on the bottom.

Kevin

Bought four saws a couple of weeks back- one was a 2094.
Guessing you don't expect too much when you get 4 chainsaws and 3 of them run for $50.

1718664735278.png

1718664775308.png

1718664820625.png

Came with a reasonable clutch cover and brake all fitted- but no flag.
Guessing the no deflector muffler took care of the flag?

Bought four saws a couple of weeks back- one was a 2094.
Guessing you don't expect too much when you get 4 chainsaws and 3 of them run for $50.

View attachment 1184741

View attachment 1184742

View attachment 1184743

Came with a reasonable clutch cover and brake all fitted- but no flag.
Guessing the no deflector muffler took care of the flag?

Love me my 2094....only second fiddle to my Husky 2100 and only then when the timber is over 3ft dia.

Agree with Robin; for the purchase amount, you have a plethora of parts. The hole in the bottom of the cases is disturbing. I'm not a big advocate of patching working motors with JB Weld and the like. Better to find someone who can mag weld.

Unless a 2094 in your parts is a really rare bird.....better to find a better example and use this one for parts.

Kevin

Attachments

• 2094.jpg
    2094.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
In my neck of the Woods- 2094 IS a RARE thing!
Last 5 or so years I have bought every one of them I have seen for sale and that has been a total of 4 units- including this one and one that had become bar pinched trying to fell a burning tree.
Being a 2094 the holes and mag rot are only into the oil tank and not the crankcase- so JB Weld would make do. but I need to go through the rest of it to decide if it is worth the hassle- or keep it for parts.
I think I have another good Partner K950 muffler up my sleeve somewhere.

In my neck of the Woods- 2094 IS a RARE thing!
Last 5 or so years I have bought every one of them I have seen for sale and that has been a total of 4 units- including this one and one that had become bar pinched trying to fell a burning tree.
Being a 2094 the holes and mag rot are only into the oil tank and not the crankcase- so JB Weld would make do. but I need to go through the rest of it to decide if it is worth the hassle- or keep it for parts.
I think I have another good Partner K950 muffler up my sleeve somewhere.
JB Weld and the like have always been bandaids. I like having things permanently welded. Some yrs ago I was on the hunt for the removable oil/gas tank on a Husky 2100. Seems like lots of folks thought patching with JB Weld was the way to go and even used it in stripped-out thread holes. For a saw that needs to have the coals poured to it, the examples I found were just junk repairs.

Kevin

JB Weld and the like have always been bandaids. I like having things permanently welded. Some yrs ago I was on the hunt for the removable oil/gas tank on a Husky 2100. Seems like lots of folks thought patching with JB Weld was the way to go and even used it in stripped-out thread holes. For a saw that needs to have the coals poured to it, the examples I found were just junk repairs.

Kevin

True that.
That is what the other two real good ones are for- having coals poured in- them and the three 2100's and the 1100.

True that.
That is what the other two real good ones are for- having coals poured in- them and the three 2100's and the 1100.
If I were technically a 'collector' I'd search for an 1100, because it was the basis for the 2100(and a cool story about prototypes in the PNW). But since the 2100 is everything the 1100 is and more.....

Way back in this thread, I did a comparison of the 2100 versus the 2094....same bar length(36") and chain(Oregon 68CJ)....in OG maple. The 2094 with it's high rpm beat up the 2100 until the timber got to be 3ft and larger. Then the 2100 walked away from it.

Kevin

If I were technically a 'collector' I'd search for an 1100, because it was the basis for the 2100(and a cool story about prototypes in the PNW). But since the 2100 is everything the 1100 is and more.....

Way back in this thread, I did a comparison of the 2100 versus the 2094....same bar length(36") and chain(Oregon 68CJ)....in OG maple. The 2094 with it's high rpm beat up the 2100 until the timber got to be 3ft and larger. Then the 2100 walked away from it.

Kevin
yes AND the 2100 will urinate all over a 111S- but hey, we digress.
If I were technically a "collector" my 1100 is a 2100 with an 1100 fuel tank- ignition and top end is all 2100.
It is currently below 0 inside my workshop at the moment- or I might go pull some more covers off the "new" 2094 and see what else is yet to be "discovered".

yes AND the 2100 will urinate all over a 111S- but hey, we digress.
If I were technically a "collector" my 1100 is a 2100 with an 1100 fuel tank- ignition and top end is all 2100.
It is currently below 0 inside my workshop at the moment- or I might go pull some more covers off the "new" 2094 and see what else is yet to be "discovered".
Lol! It's almost heresy to say anything negative about the 111S in Jonsered forums. I have a nice one and remain unimpressed. I've said it before; it's a dated 60's design that is slow to rev but has tons of low-end torque. Fantastic saw in a sawmill. Newer designs like the 2100 DID run all over it. If Jonsereds had wanted to be more serious as a big timber slayer, they should have lightened the saw with plastic and made it rev faster and higher. The did send a 100cc 910e over here about the time Electrolux Group AB bought them out. This is like a 'ghost & the darkness' saw. Loggers had them, but loggers didn't 'collect' saws back then. We had no reason to think that the latest & greatest saws weren't yet to come. It's only by happenstance that I have one of my old original 2100 saws I bought new. I can't even find a pic of the 100cc 910e or how they were badged differently from the standard 910e......or even a rough body count in #s.

But....I figured with all the hoopla about the 111S, the prices, and its Holy Grail status among collectors, it HAD to be some kinda 'wonder saw'. It's not....respectable in its own right for its torque, but instead of competing with the big timber saws of the late '70s, it dropped off the map.

However, if you're a collector, it's a milestone saw from Jonsereds.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back