Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob(Spike60), a longtime Jonsered dealer, preferred the 930/930 Super above all in that series. The loggers I know from the days when those saws were new preferred the 910 in the series. I'd sure jump on a 930 if the price was right but I've never seen one......mostly a Husky iteration at that point with Partner influenced handles.

Kevin

Nice looking saw there Bob!!! You don't find hardly any of those in my neck of the woods either. I have 3-4 910s but no 920/30 series.
The entire 9## family are not an easy find here- Jonsered were a pretty small player in a fairly small field before the 600 and 20## saws arrived and even then they played a fairly minor third fiddle to the two major players.

Bob(Spike60), a longtime Jonsered dealer, preferred the 930/930 Super above all in that series. The loggers I know from the days when those saws were new preferred the 910 in the series. I'd sure jump on a 930 if the price was right but I've never seen one......mostly a Husky iteration at that point with Partner influenced handles.

Kevin

Oh the price was right- for the condition, the fact it came with a nice 24 inch GB bar and near new chain- was well under $250 USD.

The entire 9## family are not an easy find here- Jonsered were a pretty small player in a fairly small field before the 600 and 20## saws arrived and even then they played a fairly minor third fiddle to the two major players.
If Jonsered(s) had any failings, it was in their marketing/dealer network. Their saws should have competed toe to toe with Husky and Stihl. The only extensive dealer network besides Tilton in MN and Scotsco in OR was back east. Robin said back in the day you could drive 20 minutes in any direction and hit a Jonsered(s) dealer in his neck of the woods.

Whatever it took to go national/international like Husky and Stihl....they just didn't do it. Yeah, when they got tied to Husky, you could buy their saws everywhere. But that wasn't the original parent company and a completely different saw through Electrolux Group AB.

Kevin

If Jonsered(s) had any failings, it was in their marketing/dealer network. Their saws should have competed toe to toe with Husky and Stihl. The only extensive dealer network besides Tilton in MN and Scotsco in OR was back east. Robin said back in the day you could drive 20 minutes in any direction and hit a Jonsered(s) dealer in his neck of the woods.

Whatever it took to go national/international like Husky and Stihl....they just didn't do it. Yeah, when they got tied to Husky, you could buy their saws everywhere. But that wasn't the original parent company and a completely different saw through Electrolux Group AB.

Kevin

Just my opinion- but I believe they were happy with home market- Scandinavia and some of Europe was enough, they were not too concerned with the International market.

True..... there were 6 dealers within a 20 min drive from my place. In the late 70's the big sellers around here for the pro/seasonal cutting crowd were the 621, 52/52E, 521 and 49SP followed by the more expensive 70E and 80.....more or less in that order. By 85 most had closed or were about to, so the 9XX saws were late to the party as there is not much need for an expensive large saw in our forests.

Latest posts

Back