Kiekhaefer KA-211 Stolen!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys, you might recall the restored Kiekhaefer KA-211 I sold on Ebay last year. A guy that collects Mercury outboards bought it for his collection. I just got an email from him that the saw has been stolen. The thieves even took his documentation that had the SN on it, thus him contacting me for more info. Fortunately, I have a pic of the SN, 644259. If anyone sees a saw like this for sale, please give me a heads up. Thanks!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xs3IZA5W0s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1235486396_XnxbK-M.jpg

1240145625_KogHR-M.jpg

1240145820_YTCM9-M.jpg

1240144599_Nxux7-M.jpg

1240144792_BuqyZ-M.jpg

1240145106_9vJuX-M.jpg

That's a really cool saw. Gonna be tough to sell without drawing attention.
Catch the bastard and give him the sleeping bag treatment.

Must be someone who knew where to look for the documentation. Some friend.
Scott

That thing will stick out like a sore thumb when it surfaces.

man what some people will stoop to huh? i hope they catch the bastage and dude gets his saw back.

BTW, that thing looks like it belongs under the wing of a plane!

Hopefully they catch the ####er.

As others said, it does sound suspiciously like an inside job.

What you should do is send copies of the transaction between you and the guy that originally bought the saw from you, and he should go around to every local pawn shop and show the proof of ownership, maybe with a cop by his side as well. (make sure the cops agree that the saw is indeed his, and was stolen) By law, a pawn shop must give the item back, even if they bought it. Sucks for them, but the next time that guy comes in, they can use baseball bats on him or something...

Sounds like an inside job or insurance fraud. Can see anyone wanting that boat anchor or what the heck you would do with a stolen one. How much could it possibly be worth??

I have started a spreadsheet on all of my saws for just this reason. I have stored it in several places too (but NOT where Mrs. Saw Dr. can find it!) I found one of my dozens of parts saws to have no numbers on it...... Makes me sick. Good thing I don't know where it came from. I'll be checking everything from now on, even parts saws. Good luck on the 211. Should not be terribly hard to spot that one around. If it ever makes it to a fair, someone here will recognize it. i just hope the thief does not go out and use/destroy the thing.

I don’t think $1500 would make the insurance deductable unless some other stuff got pinched with it, so that idea is out. Maybe he just misplaced it. Stuffed it into a closet or shed somewhere or donated it to a museum. Just cant see anybody lifting it. Too obvious to display and no market and not worth enough to try and wash. It don’t add up but it is still an interesting story.

Latest posts

Back