Lil red barn ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thnother thing I would say is that I am no fan of the UAW. One of the worse unions out there...
Even so, we have to be honest when discussing this stuff.
Where are people making 90k/year without an education? If I knew about that kind of work I wouldn't have gone for M. engineering!

Where are people making 90k/year without an education? If I knew about that kind of work I wouldn't have gone for M. engineering!
Lots of places. Most mines, power plant and refineries. I'm sure there are others, but these are what I have expiereance in.
We have 280 people making well over 6 figures(shift diferential, OT built into schedule,etc). No degree required, but many of us have them.
I actually work with an engineer who has the same title as I do.
Full rate plant operators make more money than entry level engineers most of the places I've worked.

What’s the benefit package ?

43 an hour to sweep floors ? Sounds a little out of the norm.
401k, cash balance pension, full, medical including dental, vision, hearing, annual performance bonus, clothing provided, $800 boot allowance.
To be clear the $43 figure is for operator trainees off the street. Laborers make closer to $33.

Lots of places. Most mines, power plant and refineries. I'm sure there are others, but these are whatbInhave expiereance in.
We have 280 people making well over 6 figures(shift diferential, OT built into schedule,etc). No degree required, but many of us have them.
I actually work with an engineer who has the same title as I do.
Full rate plant operators make more money than entry level engineers most of the places I've worked.
Mines/power plants/ refineries are all garbage places to work though these days. Unionized work places are like a heap, they just attract the flies.

Mines/power plants/ refineries are all garbage places to work though these days. Unionized work places are like a heap, they just attract the flies.
Well I can of beg to differ on that. If it were not for those places you just mentioned, you wouldn’t have a lot of things. Gas and fuel for your car, truck, heating for your home to keep your family warm. Electric for your home, unless you’re off grid and someone had to make that. Mining for copper you use is various things. Other things that are mined you use. Someone has to do it. So I really don’t think I would call them garbage. I reckon I made a pretty good living out of being a garbage man. I am a retired boilermaker, I help keep your lights on and everything else run by electric. Just saying

Garbage? How so?
Mining can be dirty, but the other two are pretty clean. Sounds like your just salty guys make more money than
lol not the work, I mean the lifestyle and atmosphere. I am not salty about it but now understand the wages. Working in those kind of plants is a sure way to waste your life making money. If I wanted to make 300k+ I could work oilfield as well but I have standards lmao

Well I can of beg to differ on that. If it were not for those places you just mentioned, you wouldn’t have a lot of things. Gas and fuel for your car, truck, heating for your home to keep your family warm. Electric for your home, unless you’re off grid and someone had to make that. Mining for copper you use is various things. Other things that are mined you use. Someone has to do it. So I really don’t think I would call them garbage. I reckon I made a pretty good living out of being a garbage man. I am a retired boilermaker, I help keep your lights on and everything else run by electric. Just saying
I don't mean the work itself, I was talking about the lifestyle. I have lost too many friends to drugs and alcohol and other abuse due to that style of work. Its a chronic issue due to the type of people who work there.

lol not the work, I mean the lifestyle and atmosphere. I am not salty about it but now understand the wages. Working in those kind of plants is a sure way to waste your life making money. If I wanted to make 300k+ I could work oilfield as well but I have standards lmao
I work day shift Monday- Wednesday one week and Monday -Thursday the next. Work with a pretty good group of guys, both salaried and union.
If I want to work OT I can, but usually dont.
The atmosphere is pretty good IMO.

I don't mean the work itself, I was talking about the lifestyle. I have lost too many friends to drugs and alcohol and other abuse due to that style of work. Its a chronic issue due to the type of people who work there.
I think you have a very skewed idea of how these industries function. We get regular drug and alcohol tests. So there are no druggies. The hard drinkers are no more than any other group.

Back