McBob's new Alky Burning Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A classic example of the meaning of a word changing in different cultures is the use of the word 'pissed'

In the US it refers exclusively to being very angry.,,,,,,,,,,,

That is completely correct.

...............AFAIK the rest of the English speaking word uses it for someone very, very drunk, so someone can actually say (and commonly do) "I had the best time, I was so pissed.."
We usually is it as "he was so pissed..." (drunk)................

Well I can see that if he was so drunk he pissed his pants:laugh:

It is sure odd how words take on so many different meanings.

Relax sunshine, no ones putting words in your mouth.

Watch that blood pressure.

"Relax sunshine," is a very disrespectful comment here. You are talking down to someone by saying that. You did put words into my mouth read your post.

Bill

what a interesting read, firstly i always thought Dude was a Camels C-Sock?? pardon me Sir, yes Sir, No sir ...3 bags full Sir. wtf ...O-relax Sunshine, Pardon me? Burp! Oops :) I must be disrespecting :hmm3grin2orange:

"Relax sunshine," is a very disrespectful comment here. You are talking down to someone by saying that. You did put words into my mouth read your post

Bill

Fairdinkum Bill I think ya tuggin on me mate! :msp_sneaky:

you fellas crack me up,even some aussies don't get our slang

Nate is doing such a good job, he may confuse some of the young buck's.

Fairdinkum Bill I think ya tuggin on me mate! :msp_sneaky:

Nate is doing such a good job, he may confuse some of the young buck's.

For some that dont know, a Dinkum was a set weight for gold. When your gold was the correct weight it was called a Fair Dinkum.
This was used in the early Australian gold era.
Now it means , are you legit, is that true , correct , etc, kinda like ARE YOU ON THE LEVEL MATE so to speak.
Sheel be apples means it all right
Floggin a dead horse
Bobs your Uncle Everything is ok
Sanga's, bangers is sausages
Dead horse is tomatoe sauce
Struth
Bloody Ripper
Bloody Oath
Fair crack of the sav
And if they are a wanker, you can politely tell them to Go forth and multiply or in plain Aussie lingo Go and get F---ked
Yes every culture sure does have its sayings and meanings

is Bill playing with your old fellow Aussie? lol. damn nearly busted a Nut

too right! she was great bare back, she'd buck you right off .. just had to keep jumping on its back, giving it to it.

put on a pair of fart fetchers, that'll get er going :msp_biggrin:

Don't mind a good horse myself, something I can chase down and tie a few scrubbers and mickey's with

Last edited:
Yes i'll add something to this Thanks Neil and bigfella .............. thanks for being smart asses it belittles both of you's and makes you both d.ickh.ads in my opinion remind me next time to take my tape recorder to the next event when your being holyier than thou and get it on tape or maybe next time a video recorder to show your spoilt temper.
As i said if you dont want me there then be it theres other races besides yours, back stabbers both are Australian Champions with big heads and mouths.

Getting personal and a little bit breath gasping.:msp_scared:

Bob I was paying you a compliment as an avid McCullough fan. You know you have all the yellow gear (hats, helmets, socks etc)

A little old saying my dear old grandmother told me (bless her sole), "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me". Bob people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I wish I had a tape recorder OR video recorder every time you would turn up to an event, unpack your gear, start up and stop saws all day and never take one to the block. Who is the D'head know? Bob I stood up for you for years in the face of many who run you down. A laughing stock you were to be only for me!!!

........ get fxxxxd along with his no2 Dean......... .

Bob, language please.
If that's the way you really feel. Maybe some other photo's I have can be added to show the real story behind the masked guru.:msp_w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back