McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farley9n gave me these beauties to bring home, I can't thank him enough for all he and his wonderful spouse did for our GTG.

Let's see, upper left, a hulk of a 640, short bar is a 790, the one with the roller is a nice 200, the old logging saw is a 5-20L Homelite, the little red and white gem is an EZ. That will be Annie's for the next GTG.

fromFarleyBob.jpg

I was thinking that was a fine bunch myself, I won't know what's with them, until I get through the last batch and the one before that. Later today I'm visiting a Redwood faller that wants to give me "a few boxes of old crap leftover from Simpson's Klamath shop" I can hardly wait.

I was thinking that was a fine bunch myself, I won't know what's with them, until I get through the last batch and the one before that. Later today I'm visiting a Redwood faller that wants to give me "a few boxes of old crap leftover from Simpson's Klamath shop" I can hardly wait.
Is it alright for me to be excited for you? :)

If you study the photo's carefully you will discover that bar was originally a hard nose, somone converted it to the roller nose.

I have a similar one that came on my 640.

Folks used to put a fair amount of time and effort into keeping/maintaining/converting old bars. Today you just throw it away and get a new one...

Mark

hi,

When I was going through some old CSA magazines, i came across an advertisement for General bars - which shows the roller nose bars with the hardened rails behind the roller nose - just like CPR has on his saw. The bar looks to be a General bar from the remains of the brand painted on the bar itself.

It seems then, that the bar has not been converted but an original factory design. Here is a copy of the ad, and the photo of CPR's roller nose bar for reference.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

hi,

When I was going through some old CSA magazines, i came across an advertisement for General bars - which shows the roller nose bars with the hardened rails behind the roller nose - just like CPR has on his saw. The bar looks to be a General bar from the remains of the brand painted on the bar itself.

It seems then, that the bar has not been converted but an original factory design. Here is a copy of the ad, and the photo of CPR's roller nose bar for reference.

Regards,

Chris.

Cool find, thanks for the info. :yourock: Tried to rep you, but can't. HELP!

1 day auction on fleabay. Is this factory or some kind of aftermarket add-on? :confused: It's a Mac 10-10 automatic with a gear drive. I've never seen one of these before. There are no special markings or model designations I can see in the pics.

mac1010gear.jpg

It looks like it may be the LG 6 A.

Here ya go Randy and Cliffy,
This came in today, Model Super LG2 and
came with this bow bar. Not sure if
it's original to the saw. But looks good.
And runs well also. Just needs a muffler
or just the muffler cover. Hint, Hint.

Lee

MccullochLG2Bowsaw001.jpg

MccullochLG2Bowsaw002.jpg

MccullochLG2Bowsaw003.jpg

I figured that I would go ahead and start a new thread on my new to me 5-10G. Based upon my tracking number, I won't receive the saw until next Tuesday. I can't hardly wait. Here are the only pictures that I have of the saw right now.
842a_1.jpg

944f_1.jpg

a82c_1.jpg

BSby4gmkKGrHgoH-DYEjlLl4iEBKDITfzRS.jpg

Thought I would ad this here too.

Latest posts

Back