McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used parts oops.

Due to a brain fart, I purchased a piston and cylinder from one of the supporting vendors. Excellent shape but can't use it. :bang:It was listed as for a Eager Beaver 2.0.

My reserch indicates they also fit a Mini Mac 35, Power Mac 6, Eager Beaver PM155 or Eager Beaver PM165. 36.5 mm bore.

I'm looking for a piston & cylinder for a Eager Beaver 2014, 36.0 mm bore. DUH!

Chainsaw tinkering has a steep learning curve.

Last edited:
Saw this after CBFarmalls Homey vid...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhgurOBErqY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhgurOBErqY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Where's your nitro saw Randy?

I thought I would post some pics of the 1-70 I picked up the other day. My son-in-law cleaned the tanks, cleaned and set the points, and rebuilt the carb. It's running pretty damn good. :clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here a shot of the oil tank, the bottom mounting point is for the spike is missing. If anyone has a good one let me know.

attachment.php

Nice looking 1-70. I sure like those 87cc Mac engines, even though I just sold off 2 of them. Down to 4 in the arsenal...

I'lll get one up when it's done. I have to order chain for this saw. I have a rim and drum to go on it and a NOS .063 28" Oregon roller nose for it. I'm thinking 3/8 .063 chisel skip with an 8-tooth. Any thoughts? Should I stick with 7? May get both and see what happens. I reckon this should have the snot to haul an 8 pin. My 288 with a 28" and full comp destroys hardwoods (yes, it will out-rev a Super 250 by 3000 or so WFO)...

Actually, I should dig in the box, I think I have an extra 8 that I tried on the 372 and didn't like (until I get around to having it ported).

It's an old McCulloch. You've got a .063g (not a damn .058g like much of the old Mac ones are) RN bar for it. Let it drop both testes. Run a loop of full comp .404/.063 round chisel or square chisel on it. Seven pin rim. If it was a .058g bar and you didn't wanna scrounge up .404/.058 (which is still available, but a bit more scarce and expensive), then I'd say run .375/.058 (with an 8 or 9 pin sprocket) on it. Yeah you may eek a bit more speed with some .375 Square Chisel............but that's not the point here is it...:givebeer:

I thought I would post some pics of the 1-70 I picked up the other day. My son-in-law cleaned the tanks, cleaned and set the points, and rebuilt the carb. It's running pretty damn good. :clap:

Here a shot of the oil tank, the bottom mounting point is for the spike is missing. If anyone has a good one let me know.

Nice looking old McCulloch!

Ahh may favorite part of working on a Mac. 100,000 flat head screws that if they dont strip the screw driver slips and you stab something, sometimes yourself. Havnt had to deal with the wick yet, thats next though.

No I sure don't. I've been studying on this thing a bit, if I had two I could bolt them both together at the bottom with a roller chain catcher. :)

You could still do that with your damaged oil tank. Two bolts would be enough to hold things just fine on the tank side. Three bolts (with your roller between both dogs on the bottom) would be fine on the clutch cover/starter side...:cheers:

Back