McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Mac people. Looking for some guidance. I have aquired a SP80. I am assuming this saw would accept an Oregon D176 Oregon mount but correct me if I’m wrong.

The bar I have is definitely a McCullouch 20” that appears to be D176 mount. I am confused as to how the oil will actually get to the chain though! If I am understanding correctly it oils the chain through the adjustment slot but the adjustment slot is wide open and looks like most of the oil would just run out of the cover. Is there supposed to be a plate to block it on the cover side? Am I missing something here? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Pictures added to assist.

Attachments

• IMG_7871.jpeg
    IMG_7871.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7872.jpeg
    IMG_7872.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
The clutch cover/outside bar plate effectively seals the opening so the oil can only pass through the opening in the groove of the bar. There is a bit of a pocket or reservoir for oil formed between the discharge port and the clutch cover so it may take several pumps of the manual or run time for the automatic oiler to fill it to the point where oil starts reaching the bar/chain.

20240626_073715.jpg

20240626_073725.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back