McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that photo with the three McCullochs sitting on the log deck. The big one in the center, that is a 795 or 797, or maybe 125 ? And the one on the left, is that an early (sixties?) 10-10 ? I don't recognize the one on the right, but looks like it has a chain brake, so must be a newer saw, is that correct? What a GREAT picture :)

Also makes it much easier to hear the tune.

I honestly feel they were band-aiding a late 60s design in the 80s. The 800 should have been an entirely new saw. It stopped the fires. It got quieter

I'll say this though. The 800 with either exhaust but definitely the duct style is a weapon. I feel it has slightly better high RPM power over the 850. A 24 inch bar situation I think it quite possibly is faster. Put the 32 on "which the 800 also pulls absolutely fine" the 850 seems to have a little more something at holding off that stall. That last little ahhhhh.

All 3 i have are absolute dragons. The favourite still is the 81. I love that saw. The balance. The power. The sound. Its just lovely in the hand and a real joy as a felling saw

Latest posts

Back