McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A member here is going after that saw. I hope he gets it.:cheers:

Swiped...Someone else offered $75 over asking price. Wish slightly that I'd had time to get it yesterday. S^^t happens...

Guess that means I need to find somewhere else to spend some CAD money.

$225? For that kinda coin, you can be SURE it wasn't me ... :mad2:

I asked Aaron his opinion on it last night, I was going to get it today, but the $150 asking price was about at the "comfort limit" of my CAD spending. I sincerely hope whoever got it enjoys it. If it turns up on Ebay in a week or two, I'll be much less impressed.

Think I'm gonna go to Menards and buy some more lumber for my saw shop instead. That and send some cheese to Arrowhead for a part for my P-60.

Been over 24 Hours boys. Rules are rules.....

photobucket-29198-1345830382380.jpg

Is it worth keeping?

OK, some of you raved about how good the Mac 10-10 is, so I picked one up today. Seems heavy to me but I haven't put it in wood yet. The old man who had it was a chainsaw "mechanic" but forgot what was wrong with this one. He said the last time he worked on a saw was over 10 years ago.

The fuel in it was brown but still mostly liquid. I cleaned it up, checked spark...bad plug. New plug had good spark and compression felt okay... dang... fired on second pull with a prime! Starts, runs, and idles fine. Haven't checked the oiler yet.

Opinions on this saw??

100_1226.jpg

100_1225.jpg

54cc's and has cut about as much wood as a wood chuck could cut.... or the Homelite XL-12/Super XL's have! Good work saw, no Anti-vibe, louder than anything you ever ran!!

Good saw!! :msp_wink:

Last edited:
My son, Digger (who wiill be 10 tomorrow) picked this up today. I'm starting him off right.

100_1232.jpg

He paid $5. It has 150 psi and good spark. Should be an easy project for him.

Latest posts

Back