McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I got my mac PM610 running today and will be going out to the country tomorrow to stretch its legs a bit.

Unfortunately, i also tried to fix my mini mac 35 today as well and wasnt met with any success.

The spark plug threads were stripped so i went to autozone for one of those helicoil spark plug repair kits. The tap has to go into the cyliner about 2 inches and the spark plug hole is canted to the side, towards the cylinder wall.

I had to screw the tap all the way in to the cylinder and the tip of the tap teeth contacted the cylinder wall and screwed it up. Also, the darn tap didnt go in perfectly straight anyway. When i went to screw in the new threaded sleeve, the hole was too big for it to fit right.

I returned the kit, however im certain that it would have worked on another, larger saw with the cylinder's spark plug hole in a different position.

Anyhow.... Now i need to find a new cylinder for this bad boy. Im looking at some on ebay that are cheap, going for 25-40 bucks, but Im a little concerned about getting one that doesnt have good compression, has a scored cylinder, ect...

54cc's and has cut about as much wood as a wood chuck could cut.... or the Homelite XL-12/Super XL's have! Good work saw, no Anti-vibe, louder than anything you ever ran!!

Good saw!! :msp_wink:

Nice find on a good little work horse! Has enough torque to run a 20" B&C. The automatic oilers sometimes have issues that are not hard to fix. Here's a thread link.

Keep it and enjoy it Marc. I'd never be without one...:D

Randy Mac says everybody needs to own a 250. I think everybody needs to own a 10-10 too! :rock:

Last weekend in Baraboo, McCulloch 10-10 took second in the 5 In3/under class. McCulloch 250 won it. My SP81 finished back in the pack at more than 2x the winning and second place saw. Brucenknows how to make saws go, how to sharpen a chain, and how to operate a saw. His switches are as fast and as smooth as you will ever see.

Mark

Last edited:
i love tying a saw together with some history. saw operator, saw, log.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sadly, my wrecked neck won't play with 80cc Mac's, and I'll be selling both of mine.

I've got a nice 250 that I posted here earlier, and I've got a 1-50 that looks complete (scabbard and dawgs) minus the adjustment plug. I just wanted to throw this out to you guys first in case anyone wanted them.

The 1-50 sounds like she wants to run, and the 250 has spark but isn't popping. Both have good compression, but I don't have a gauge so I have no numbers on them. The 250's piston looks great from the exhaust port.

PM me if you're interested. I'm open to trades - doesn't need to be saws. I could really use a .30-30 for kiddo and wifey.

ETA: here's the 1-50

utf-8BSU1BRzAwODguanBn.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know the man in the picture?

no, he passed quite a while ago. i know the son of him and he still has the truck and saw in the pic's. which are going in the museum when it's done. he is on the right.
attachment.php
and fred with his truck.
attachment.php

Back