McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If one of you guys has a McCulloch 2-10g that has a good decal, I could really use a picture of it. I am going to have a decal made for mine and if I can get a picture the decal man will be able to hook me up. If you know of one or several other models that use the same decal, but different numbers that would be great too. TIA!

250314d1346088047-img_0005-jpg

250315d1346088055-img_0004-jpg

I go with door #2....:cheers:

holy baby fuzzy owls! how long is the bar on that thing?

If one of you guys has a McCulloch 2-10g that has a good decal, I could really use a picture of it. I am going to have a decal made for mine and if I can get a picture the decal man will be able to hook me up. If you know of one or several other models that use the same decal, but different numbers that would be great too. TIA!

O BUDDY, would I like to help ya!

I have a 2-10G with a 2-10 cover on it and would love to have a correct decal on there! I'm in for one if you get them!

Hopefully some of our other thread members will see this and help out ... :popcorn:

O BUDDY, would I like to help ya!

I have a 2-10G with a 2-10 cover on it and would love to have a correct decal on there! I'm in for one if you get them!

Hopefully some of our other thread members will see this and help out ... :popcorn:

Thanks to heimannm, I was able to get mine running real well. I have rolled the idea around of restoring this little gear drive. Since east, TN was not a big McCulloch area, finding this saw was a real treat to me. Also since it's a geardrive it's an even bigger treat.

If I get some pics I will have several decals made and it would certainly be my pleasure to share the wealth to whomever would want one! :msp_wink:

Thanks to heimannm, I was able to get mine running real well. I have rolled the idea around of restoring this little gear drive. Since east, TN was not a big McCulloch area, finding this saw was a real treat to me. Also since it's a geardrive it's an even bigger treat.

If I get some pics I will have several decals made and it would certainly be my pleasure to share the wealth to whomever would want one! :msp_wink:

If this happens, I could use one. I have a small amount of wealth to share as well.

I found a youtube vid, from homelitejim and seeing there is a homelitejim on here i figured it was the same fellar, but I don't know. There was another fella had one on youtube, but it had a 1-10 cover on it. I have met him and he has a LOT of McCulloch saws.

It looks as if a lot of the 10 series name plates were the same so if someone has one like this
$(KGrHqYOKpME24S6w+uQBN3W4,ULTw~~0_3.JPG
The fella said to show close up pics like this with digital calipers in the pics showing the height and width and he already has the McCulloch fonts. Also if someone could clarify what the writing at the bottom says.

Here is all I have to help.

attachment.php

You can use this pic, just have the super 2-10 automatic replaced with Mac 2-10 G.

attachment.php

Convertibles are for girls...

Careful with that one. I know of several convertibles that would give modern cars of the same type and general specs an ass whooping. Fiat 500 convertible against the Cabriolet, goodbye. 1970 Corvette 427 against a newer Z06... chances are that old one would beat the new one. Probably because the new one has an autotragic transmission that adds drag and weight. Save the manuals!

OTR_07_D3_677.jpg

I would not be afraid to do the above with my convertible variant. Someday, I will. Hopefully I'll be able to yank enough teeth around here to have a rally held on gravel back roads... rules: bring what you got, stock or not, register in the appropriate class, sign liability waivers, and wear a helmet. Crash your car in the first few legs, be somewhat conservative and make it to the finish line, or whatever. No one but you are liable for it. Just like running and cutting with a saw, you cut your leg because you didn't wear chaps... well, that's your problem.

Also, Lee's 101G could be classified as a convertible, as the fuel tank and air filter and everything doesn't cover up the entire top side of the engine like an original tank assembly would. That convertible is one big can of :buttkick: I have no doubts that 101G could pull twice the bar of that cream colored boat anchor and either keep up, no... probably beat it.

Got real busy and haven't had time to test the 790 yet. Brother was here over the weekend, and what followed was a major video gaming relapse, we ended up slaughtering aliens in Halo: Reach firefights...

The ol' Suburban needs a new pinon seal, the Ranger is giving me fits again, got a brake job to do on a friend's car, and tests to take later this week as well. Probably not going to get around to firing up and testing the 790 until the weekend.

Keep posting, I'll probably check in every night this week to see what's been going on and what saws have been rescued/bought/restored/run/fixed/etc.

Last edited:
33, 33Super, 35 McCullochs.......what is the story on these saws??

What I'm wondering is how these models (33,33Super, 35) are viewed by McCulloch enthusiasts?? Do people collect them or are they viewed as a boat anchor in the McCulloch product line??

The reason I ask is the very first saw I can recall as a child was a big yellow one my dad had. Being a child my memory of it was that it was humongo and hella loud.

The saw went away some time before my dad sold the farm and moved to town in 1993. He left this world in 2006, R.I.P. Dad!! Now that he's gone I've gotten bit by the CAD bug and am kinda bummed that I can't talk chainsaws with him. :(:msp_crying:

I would like to have a representative model of each saw he owned in his life. Since spending some time scoping around on AS I've figured out the big yellow saw, of which my very first chainsaw memories were generated from, was either a late model 33 or a 35 as the saw I remember had the tall rectangular air filter configuration.

If anyone has a clean and good running 33, 33Super, 35 saw they would consider letting go of I'd like to see pictures and hear details. My objective is to experience what my dad experienced running that type saw back in the day when he was my current age(54 the end of August)........he was born in 1912.

Thanks in advance for any info/saw availability(are parts a hassle to locate??) that can be shared regarding this subject.

Last edited:
Many would suggest the 33/35 saws are only collectable if you are a very serious McCollector and feel the need to have everything represented. As a rule, the 33/35 saws are heavy, slow, loud, and most everything on them is unique (ignition, carburetion, bevel gears, starter, etc.) If you already understand 2 stroke theory well and don't mind doing some research and digging, go for it.

A lot of folks believe them to be rare due to the unusual angle of the bar but in fact there were many thousands made and still a lot of whole and parts saws out there plus tons of NOS parts in old dealers shops and the like.

I have quite unintentionally collected a dozen or so including one with a drill and one with an ice auger attachment, still looking for the brush cutter...

You should be able to pick up a used saw for under $25 as they are not sought after the way other models are. Regarding finding a clean, complete, running saw...perhaps not so many opportunities. My older brother did find a NIB unit a few years ago but I have not seen any others pop up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Back