McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM1000 piston

Do any of the Mac guru's know if all the pm1000's are partner p100's or p100super's? I need a piston for one, searched and found that super pistons have a different part #. In one thread a partner 1200 demo saw uses the same piston for some models. thanks

The black and white looking object is the seat of my bench stool.

I got through most of the boxes of small parts today, not really cataloging them yet, just getting them sorted out into boxes of like items to make the process easier down the road.

I am supposed to have a fresh kart engine waiting for me somewhere in Indiana, every time I am there to pick it up something happens to foul up the exchange. One day...

Mark

The black and white looking object is the seat of my bench stool.

I got through most of the boxes of small parts today, not really cataloging them yet, just getting them sorted out into boxes of like items to make the process easier down the road.

I am supposed to have a fresh kart engine waiting for me somewhere in Indiana, every time I am there to pick it up something happens to foul up the exchange. One day...

Mark

Mark, I can't wait to see the 82cc mac build. when will you start that? was that NOS cylinder a PM850? i think that is what we determined right?

the write up i did on the coil replacement using a 10-10 coil starts on page 992. if you want the coil from my Double Eagle 50 i'll send you the whole saw that you can use for parts. its the same as the Titan 50.

Joey

Seriously? i like the saw. Pretty light and pretty good power. Is your double eagle doa ?

Brian

Seriously? i like the saw. Pretty light and pretty good power. Is your double eagle doa ?

Brian

the DE50 was my brothers saw until it started to get a lean condition. we put lines and a carb kit in it and that didn't fix it. it has now sat on a shelf for almost a coule years. he is now running a PM610. anyway, it was complete with a hot spark. i can check the spark before i send it. it is still complete with out the bar and chain. Another thing to note is that the rear handle is cracked where a tree fell on it. it has been repaired though and was never a problem. i can get a pic if you like. PM me if your interested and we won't take up more space on the forum.

joey

have you guys seen the McCulloch spray paint and the McCulloch calculator on Ebay? pretty cool stuff, i think that it needs to be in marks collection.

I have one can of McCulloch spray enamel, same guy thought he had a full case somewhere but we were never able to find it.

attachment.php

I will have to look into the calculator.

The SP81E build will have to wait a while, I have a lot of parts to try and find homes for then get the big saws off the floor before the snow flies.

Mark

Last edited:
Some of the greatest people in the world hang out on AS

On another subject, Jim (boda65) contacted me recently to see if I was interested in some spare air filters for my 795 based cut off saws...well of course.

Today the box arrived with three air filters, a clutch drum for my SP40, and several pages of standard labor allotments for repair on all kinds of McCulloch saws. The only problem is, if I look at how long a job is supposed to take compared to how long I spend on it I might get very depressed. Good news is I enjoy my time working on saws so there is no need to rush.

Thanks Jim!

Mark

Mac 1-42

Where can I find an IPL for a 1-42? Would be useful in my restoration attempts. I'll take the compression reading tomorrow and report back.

Many thanks

Lee:msp_thumbup:

Comp is about 105psi. I did get a IPL thanks to the AS. Looks like I need a muffler, air filter and a carb kit.

I'm guessing these run a .404 chain, the distance between three rivets is 7/8ths.

Mine came with is solid nose 20" bar in reasonable shape and I can probably get another couple of sharpenings on the chain.

Regards,

Lee

PPS My 1-42 has an HL 87C carb, Tillotson don't list it in their kit list so I was wondering which kit I should use to rebuild. Feebay has many different HL kits for sale and I don't want to get the wrong one. Maybe they are almost the same don't know.

Lee

Last edited:
Question for fellow CAD infected McCulloch users/owners/addicts

Do any of you think that it would be possible to pool resources and come up with a selection of new production old skool McCullochs based on the 10 series line, as a assemble yourself kit saw? Would be in the same vein as
"open source" for computer software, only applied to a saw. Would possibly skirt all EPA/OSHA rules as it would be a build yourself affair, much like the old Heathkit HAM radios. What say ye?

Big bars

What old macs does this bar fit? I'm cross posting this for more info on these.
da3220f275a08107a463393870a431a1.jpg

Back