McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a Super 250?

Am I corrrect in thinking this is a Super 250?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Am I corrrect in thinking this is a Super 250?

Experts will be along, but based on what can been seen I'd say it's not a Super 250 because the AF cover is wrong; but that's not to say it couldn't have been swapped out with another.

Bottom line is you won't know forabsolutelypositivelysure until the numbers stamped into the underside of the block are known.

Experts will be along, but based on what can been seen I'd say it's not a Super 250 because the AF cover is wrong; but that's not to say it couldn't have been swapped out with another.

Bottom line is you won't know forabsolutelypositivelysure until the numbers stamped into the underside of the block are known.

Ted, I think someone told me once on here that the numbers aren't always stamped on these saws. I was about to buy a 250 from a person local to me but we couldn't find any numbers on the bottom. I didn't buy it and it's still there.

Ted, I think someone told me once on here that the numbers aren't always stamped on these saws. I was about to buy a 250 from a person local to me but we couldn't find any numbers on the bottom. I didn't buy it and it's still there.

You're right, they're not always there. Someone once posted a pic where there were two numbers crossed out and a third that was legible. Like they couldn't decide in mid-run what saw to make!

Whatever it is, that's an interesting choice on the background to market a saw you want to sell... Talk about a mess...

The pictures make his place look really good compared to what it is. There are a bunch of trailers. It's safer to walk around a mine field but he does offer a chair to step on to get into the trailers. The 6000 miles of wire on the floor doesn't help.
Good guy though just trying to make a living.

How far back is the titan coil replacement instruction? Wood cutting season has arrived.

Brian

The reason I ask is because I have a Titan 50 coil. It may fit the others as well. Also, I made a 10-series coil fit the Titan 620, the same maybe could be done for the other models as well.

Are those 48" hard nose bars for a 125:msp_ohmy:

I would like to have a 48" on the 125:love1:

It looks like now though that they are 36" your table no lookie 48" in the bigger picture

Getting started with Big Macs...

I was raised in south Arkansas timberland/farm country helping dad and grandpa cut firewood, clear roads, etc. Unfortunately, the old McCullochs they used (save one parts saw) were stolen to finance a neighbor's drug habit a few years ago. I'm trying to pick up a few for my own use, and I hope I'm off to a good start...

I bought this 380 a couple of nights ago. Does everything look more or less right? Carb and muffler correct? I think my Grandfather's old parts saw is a similar model.

380a.jpg

380b.jpg

380c.jpg

Also, I just found a Pro Mac 850- some assembly required! It was taken apart to receive a new carb kit and never put back together. Looks clean and complete.

Thanks for all I've already learned from browsing the forum!

Back