McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has had the blade sharpened too!
My brain never even processed that the listing says "blade sharpened" haha, but I'll tell you what, I bet this saw has spent most it's life sitting on a shelf!

I watched some videos of Mac 15's, it better have a sharp "blade" because it's not a fast saw haha, I'm not gonna win any races with that thing if I ended up getting it...mostly just for amusement.

Pretty much every Mac I've torn apart looked like that under the covers. I call that "McCulloch dirty" as no other manufacturer I've seen accumulates that level of filth inside their saws.
It's cause they work harder!

Menards sells these, fit either 1 gallon jugs or 1 quart bottles.

20240204_132344.jpg

MacAttack - Does the AF cover read Pro 10-10 Automatic? They are my favorite of the 54cc 10-10 models and to the best of my knowledge, all were points ignition.

20200903_203028.jpg

I've taken apart more than a few little Homelite saws that were every bit as filthy inside. Dull chain and the pressure oiler on those makes for some pretty severe messes.

Mark

Menards sells these, fit either 1 gallon jugs or 1 quart bottles.

View attachment 1204996

MacAttack - Does the AF cover read Pro 10-10 Automatic? They are my favorite of the 54cc 10-10 models and to the best of my knowledge, all were points ignition.

View attachment 1204997

I've taken apart more than a few little Homelite saws that were every bit as filthy inside. Dull chain and the pressure oiler on those makes for some pretty severe messes.

Mark
Thanks Mark! Menards is permanently on the blacklist, but now that I know there is such a thing , I will find it online!

I'm starting to get the itch to drag out a pm 1000 that's been patiently waiting on a shelf.
I had it running at one point but not well. I believe the coil is bad but I'm not positive. I'd really like to put it to work tho.
My bil if getting ready to have a big oak dropped and it would be awesome to use it on that.
I have a good 850, a 5200 poulan , an xl 925 and an 056 Stihl so I'm good on bigger saws but I just want to run the 1000!

View attachment 1204997

Mark

Boy does Mark know his McCullochs haha.... yes that is indeed my saw. It runs very nice, even with the spattering of red paint.

1000009337.jpg1000009338.jpg

One of the things I don't like about the 610 is where the bar oil filler is. Chain brake gets in the way and I usually spill bar oil.
I’ve been spilling that oil for years and finally got smart. On a new jug of oil instead of pulling off the seal off I just poke a hole in it about the size of a pencil. Makes it much more manageable. I also cut the bristles on a small paint brush, drill a hole in the handle and tie it to the handle of the oil jug… for cleaning around the saws oil filler cap.👍

Back