McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... how can we contact her?
Perhaps I was not really honest with myself. Actually I would let it go, but ONLY to trade for a 797. The 797 is what I had in my hand in '68 in what was the most memorable summer of my teen-age years. I got the 795 because it became available here in Alaska, and it kinda-sorta looks the same, almost the same saw, but it's just NOT a 797. I've thought about changing the decal on the top cover. No one would no the difference. But I would, and that would kill it for me. Odds of finding a 797 here in Alaska slim to none.

Those I've seen before. I believe the charger is an attachment you install like you do with the bar and chain. The one I saw was also on a 10-10 and if I remember right I don't think it was a McCulloch accessory? Don't know if they were made for other models or brands?
I think you're right. I looked at it again and it says Lear battery charger, MAC 10-10.

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if I'll need an arbor press to put my Mac 450 back together? According to the service manual for the 1960's era 80-87cc saws, I may need to press the crankshaft and ball bearing into the magneto side case cover prior to assembling the powerhead??

I had to use a puller to remove the side cover so any input on reassembly is much appreciated!

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if I'll need an arbor press to put my Mac 450 back together? According to the service manual for the 1960's era 80-87cc saws, I may need to press the crankshaft and ball bearing into the magneto side case cover prior to assembling the powerhead??

I had to use a puller to remove the side cover so any input on reassembly is much appreciated!
Negative. I use a dead blow hammer to start pressing the side case on, then when it's close enough I use the screws to pull it together.

Latest posts

Back