McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day friends! First time posting here.

I've got a question when it comes to my McCulloch CP70 that i managed to get my hands on. I am in need of a new muffler since the original one thats on it has rusted away beyond repair. The illustrated parts list says that that it is the P.N 65532. Now considering that i am living in Europe said part is difficult to come by. Are there any alternatives that i can put on there?

Airbox and reed assembly together and installed on the cylinder. Hopefully it's all together correctly....

View attachment 1214449View attachment 1214450

You'll get the saw together beautifully I'm sure. If you're going to try using the original flatback, it will have you questioning whether or not you forgot how to do basic stuff, like counting to 10. Some work well, some don't. I redid one for my S550, choke style. At the time, it would start right up and idle. I pulled out a couple months later, one pull and fuel is pouring from the muffler.

G'day friends! First time posting here.

I've got a question when it comes to my McCulloch CP70 that i managed to get my hands on. I am in need of a new muffler since the original one thats on it has rusted away beyond repair. The illustrated parts list says that that it is the P.N 65532. Now considering that i am living in Europe said part is difficult to come by. Are there any alternatives that i can put on there?
Welcome! There's a couple of fellas here who may have a replacement for you...

You'll get the saw together beautifully I'm sure. If you're going to try using the original flatback, it will have you questioning whether or not you forgot how to do basic stuff, like counting to 10. Some work well, some don't. I redid one for my S550, choke style. At the time, it would start right up and idle. I pulled out a couple months later, one pull and fuel is pouring from the muffler.
Thats an excellent way to sum them up!

Latest posts

Back