Milling Picture Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Anchor seal or the like. I use melted wax. 4-5" thick would make good bowl blanks. Do you have and woodturning clubs in your area? Might be able to sell a few. Don't expect a lot though.
I've actually got a good sized lathe, thanks for the idea. Not sure on potential buyers, I'll find out soon.
Thanks for the input/advice.

I had to
Stop watching at “no shoes”
I'm always amazed at how skilled those guys are with a chainsaw, sawing outing lumber and other things, and like you said, no safety gear.

I chainsaw-ed out some "cants" the other day, and i don't find it all that easy to keep nice straight cuts like they do.

After, I'm always very thankful I have a BSM! lol

SR

I'm always amazed at how skilled those guys are with a chainsaw, sawing outing lumber and other things, and like you said, no safety gear.

I chainsaw-ed out some "cants" the other day, and i don't find it all that easy to keep nice straight cuts like they do.

After, I'm always very thankful I have a BSM! lol

SR
Yah my guess is what they are doing is HELL on them saws. Skilled or not. But they get paid well for that work so….

Yah my guess is what they are doing is HELL on them saws. Skilled or not. But they get paid well for that work so….
I used to follow a guy in the Philippians on U tube, he would hire a guy that brought a friend and those two would cut down his trees and free-hand saw out lumber, and it was nice straight lumber. It cost him 10 bucks a DAY each...

Then another crew would come in and build onto his house, same pay per day, and they did a nice job.

SR

If you look around you can find decent deals.

And what's that bottom log you posted, Box Elder? Pretty stuff!
It could be box elder, its a type of maple anyway. Honestly i am not the best at identifying it beyond “its a type of maple” which box elder is.

I need on of them apps to help me or something 🤣

Milled on Wednesday mid day, full stack sold by Thursday mid day. Lol. Delivery today. Cant ask for more thank that. Though i did unload them Wednesday night and had them back in the truck Thursday.

So lesson learned. Level them in the truck for a day now.🤣

IMG_3771.jpegIMG_3772.jpegIMG_3773.jpegIMG_3774.jpegIMG_3775.jpegIMG_3776.jpegIMG_3795.jpeg

it moved surprisingly well, next time I'll try lowering the other end of the tree
Right but did it scare up the bottom of the rails bad.? For some reason I picture this happening. Definitely could be wrong

Vibration from the saw will let it slide well in just about anything i think

Right but did it scare up the bottom of the rails bad.? For some reason I picture this happening. Definitely could be wrong

Vibration from the saw will let it slide well in just about anything i think
maybe I'll try adding plastic to the bottom of the rails next time and compare the result. I'm busy but I'll try when I want to practice

maybe I'll try adding plastic to the bottom of the rails next time and compare the result. I'm busy but I'll try when I want to practice
Totally your call sir. Im probably overthinking it.

One of my favorite reactions from customers is when i tell them i hit a pc of metal in their log when milling. Its always a look of “interesting…🤔 i dont remember putting anything there”. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back