Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant remember are these D176 bar mounts. If so I have some really good used bars in 16"-20" .325 and 3/8 all 050 some new most used. I had a banana 20" 3/8 050 I tried to change the mount on and ruined it. So it's gone :msp_ohmy:

Hi, JJ,

I have some spare 20" .325 chains so a 20" .325 bar would be great if you think it would pull it OK. I'm guessing that I could find a .325 sprocket too.
Regards,

Lee:rock:

Hi, JJ,

I have some spare 20" .325 chains so a 20" .325 bar would be great if you think it would pull it OK. I'm guessing that I could find a .325 sprocket too.
Regards,

Lee:rock:

These are the ones not on saws at the moment. The 325 050 one is 2nd one from top solid black and is above a 20" 3/8 laser. So the 325 looks to be 18" or 19" :confused2:.

View attachment 315606

Poulan Pro 375 Crank Bearings

Well, I got ready to slap the new crank seals in my 375 and discovered the crank bearings need to be replaced. I looked them up and I see they're NLA, does anyone know what bearings I need?

I know I can take them out and measure them but I thought someone might know off the top of their head...

Thanks!

Hi David,

I have two 3400's that run well + the 3700 which I needed the oiler diaphragm for. It oils well now.
Since then I've picked up a 3800 which needs a cylinder flange repair, a 3400 which needs a left side case, and the last one which needs a muffler.

I've been laid up a bit and find it hard to get working on the saws. I have one in particular that I need to get finished soon.
It's next to impossible right now to try any in wood as I am unsteady on my good leg and falling over with a running saw is not an option I'd like to explore until I have to.
I've been concentrating on the ones I have in pieces so they are back together and out of the way.
I have yet to finish painting my 4200 which I hope to get at next week.

I'd be curious to know if anyone besides Bob in Texas has tried the diaphragm material. I really need to try it out to see how much oil it's using running through a tank of gas.

Let me know if u want that left side case. In fact I'll send you the whole case cause I wonder if you can use diff saw cases and have them fit properly w/o leaking? Also have a muffler.
Bob

Well, I got ready to slap the new crank seals in my 375 and discovered the crank bearings need to be replaced. I looked them up and I see they're NLA, does anyone know what bearings I need?

I know I can take them out and measure them but I thought someone might know off the top of their head...

Thanks!

530032051 - Torrington BH-108. Best thing is, they are actually cheaper than the seals. Before you replace them, the radial play in those bearings are around .003" - .005" new. Check that to see if you actually need new ones.

Let me know if u want that left side case. In fact I'll send you the whole case cause I wonder if you can use diff saw cases and have them fit properly w/o leaking? Also have a muffler.
Bob

Thanks Bob. I am sitting on the fence here trying to decide if I want to get a muffler and a case half to make a 4th 3400 or combine the two that need parts into one and have a bunch of spare parts at my disposal. I am becoming a saw pack rat without enough space to store the few I have and I am having great difficulty parting with any of them. I do love running them when I have a chance but I think I like fixing them up as much.
I will let you know if I decide to fix both and need the cases.
Gregg has offered a muffler that I can P/U at the GTG so if I decide to fix both, I am OK there.

530032051 - Torrington BH-108. Best thing is, they are actually cheaper than the seals. Before you replace them, the radial play in those bearings are around .003" - .005" new. Check that to see if you actually need new ones.QUOTE]

I definitely need new ones, radial play is way more than .005. Thank you very much for the info!

530032051 - Torrington BH-108. Best thing is, they are actually cheaper than the seals. Before you replace them, the radial play in those bearings are around .003" - .005" new. Check that to see if you actually need new ones.QUOTE]

I definitely need new ones, radial play is way more than .005. Thank you very much for the info!

If I remember correctly the depth of the bearings set the clearance for the thrust washers which sets the side play on the crankshaft so pay attention to what your doing when you set the bearings. I would measure the side play before you disassemble so you can get it close to the same.
I have a service manual for the 3400 - 4000 saws which I believe use the same bottom end and cases as your 375. If you want a copy PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

530032051 - Torrington BH-108. Best thing is, they are actually cheaper than the seals. Before you replace them, the radial play in those bearings are around .003" - .005" new. Check that to see if you actually need new ones.

Thanks Bob. I am sitting on the fence here trying to decide if I want to get a muffler and a case half to make a 4th 3400 or combine the two that need parts into one and have a bunch of spare parts at my disposal. I am becoming a saw pack rat without enough space to store the few I have and I am having great difficulty parting with any of them. I do love running them when I have a chance but I think I like fixing them up as much.
I will let you know if I decide to fix both and need the cases.
Gregg has offered a muffler that I can P/U at the GTG so if I decide to fix both, I am OK there.

Let me know, I think I got a complete 3400 case and crank here if you want it and I got a muffler too. Wont have to ship it that way.

If I remember correctly the depth of the bearings set the clearance for the thrust washers which sets the side play on the crankshaft so pay attention to what your doing when you set the bearings. I would measure the side play before you disassemble so you can get it close to the same.
I have a service manual for the 3400 - 4000 saws which I believe use the same bottom end and cases as your 375. If you want a copy PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Yep Poulan made a special tool for setting the bearing depth to set the crank endplay. I just beat em in till I get the end play right. :laugh:

Some PP655 video

Found this huge butt section of Douglas fir someone left behind. Seemed like nice test wood for the 655, and I happened to have my camera behind the seat.
Sorry for the crummy quality... Cheapo video camera..

Video won't seem to embed... :bang:

Last edited:
Found this huge butt section of Douglas fir someone left behind. Seemed like nice test wood for the 655, and I happened to have my camera behind the seat.

WOW. you roll that log over like it is a toy, good you are a friend and not foe. :D

I can not find a way to view the video, but I know that size bar and log would not be real big problem for that saw. :rock:

Latest posts

Back