Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
530032051 - Torrington BH-108. Best thing is, they are actually cheaper than the seals. Before you replace them, the radial play in those bearings are around .003" - .005" new. Check that to see if you actually need new ones.

Thanks Bob. I am sitting on the fence here trying to decide if I want to get a muffler and a case half to make a 4th 3400 or combine the two that need parts into one and have a bunch of spare parts at my disposal. I am becoming a saw pack rat without enough space to store the few I have and I am having great difficulty parting with any of them. I do love running them when I have a chance but I think I like fixing them up as much.
I will let you know if I decide to fix both and need the cases.
Gregg has offered a muffler that I can P/U at the GTG so if I decide to fix both, I am OK there.

Wait a minute! You're going to the Gtg from Canada? Impressed.

Wait a minute! You're going to the Gtg from Canada? Impressed.

Bob,

I've been looking forward to meeting some of the Poulan fans on here ever since I got involved with those saws. It's only a 325 mile drive for me. I might still be on crutches but I will be asking a big guy to grab my belt so I can try a few saws out. At least the guys will get a laugh when I wipe out which is a frequent occurrence.
It's too bad we are all so far apart. It sure would nice if you and Aaron and Roger as well as a host of others too far away could be there.

Is this for the PP365 ? If Guido Salvage doesn't have what you need, let me know. I have a PP336 parts saw. Your welcome to whatever parts are here you need.

Yeah, its for a 365. Arrowhead and I had our heads together a while back with some ideas for one and I do believe it could be made to rock and roll.

I originally was going to do the work on mine but I have one here that's just missing some parts so I thought we might just use this one for a test dummy and leave my other one alone...

Don't know when I can get to it or up with Ed either but I'll look this thing over closer and see what all its missing.

Two for the price of one tank of gas. 3400 Counter vibes end other chattel.

So 100.00 stretched pretty far today. One is a runner right now and the other has a disintegrated fuel line at least in the tank. It is at worst a parts saw and I am satisfied. I also recieved two ancient skil saws, a weed eater and electric edger to boot.View attachment 315844View attachment 315845View attachment 315846View attachment 315847View attachment 315848

one mans junk is another's................wife still considers it junk.

Last edited:
Bob,

I've been looking forward to meeting some of the Poulan fans on here ever since I got involved with those saws. It's only a 325 mile drive for me. I might still be on crutches but I will be asking a big guy to grab my belt so I can try a few saws out. At least the guys will get a laugh when I wipe out which is a frequent occurrence.
It's too bad we are all so far apart. It sure would nice if you and Aaron and Roger as well as a host of others too far away could be there.

I tried to give you some "determination" rep, but I have to spread it around first.

:confused2: Unrelated to Poulan saws--Yesterday AS wouldn't accept my password (as reccomended I changed it after the hack a couple of weeks back), but today I was able to login just fine.

Is there any drawback in using Tygon fuel line for impulse and oiler pickup lines? I've come across numerous rubber oiler lines that are cracked and rotting off and I have replaced them using Tygon. They seem to work fine so far.
If there is an issue, what kind of rubber type line should I use when the original ones are not available?

Thanks

Bob,

Make sure that we meet at the GTG, so I can put a face to the username. Have met some great folks over the years. :rock:

Make sure that we meet at the GTG, so I can put a face to the username. Have met some great folks over the years. :rock:

Looking forward to it. My appearance has changed a bit recently because I got sick of shaving standing on one leg. I also thought a bit of cover up would keep from scaring people.

Attachments

• Sept2013.jpg
    Sept2013.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 5
Is there any drawback in using Tygon fuel line for impulse and oiler pickup lines? I've come across numerous rubber oiler lines that are cracked and rotting off and I have replaced them using Tygon. They seem to work fine so far.
If there is an issue, what kind of rubber type line should I use when the original ones are not available?

Thanks

Tygon's OK on oiler pickup lines. It can't handle the heat when used as an impulse line however. Use Echo, Dolmar, or Homelite rubber line.

Proxy post of sandcast Poulan for Mo.Jim.

I.D. tag is stamped model 48. Gear case cover has 44 on it. Must have run out of 48 covers that day at the factory.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jim is some kind of chainsaw magnet.:msp_scared:

Attachments

• IMG_0219 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_0219 (Copy).jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0220 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_0220 (Copy).jpg
    159 KB · Views: 84