Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just drill a 5/8 hole in the passenger side myself along with drilling out the cage holes inside also. Seems to work pretty good. You could get fancy with a welder but don't think there is anymore gain from it.

I do something similar. Drill out baffle holes and drill two 1/2 in. holes in the bottom front of muffler.

Last edited:
Nice color match on that saw Bob! Looks good:clap:
And, your right. Something sure don't look right with that chain on the sprocket.:confused:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Well, pulled bar and can't find manuf. Numbers on bar are: 44153 QD and bellow it 18 3/8, which is obviously length and pitch. It also has a 10 pin sprocket. It certainly is an old banana bar. Maybe Mike Acres site will have something.
Bob

Well, pulled bar and can't find manuf. Numbers on bar are: 44153 QD and bellow it 18 3/8, which is obviously length and pitch. It also has a 10 pin sprocket. It certainly is an old banana bar. Maybe Mike Acres site will have something.
Bob

I'm affraid I can't help ya on that bar Bob.:confused: If it was me, I think I'd just buy a different bar & chain of known origin. Thats not the cheap route though. I know a fella can go broke just buyin bars & chains for saws when this CAD thing takes hold. :cry:

Gregg,

Yes Greg, there is supposed to be a regulan Poulan duckbill valve on that vent . As for the mufflers, mine are bone stock. (so far)

Those saws sound so good stock I was afraid to mess that sound up.

Mark, I had couple of them Homelite duckbills yet, so I stuck one of those on that 5200. I hope it stys on there.

By the way, I decided to drill out a bunch of holes on that muffler center. I just had it running in the shop this evening, not in the wood yet. I can tell ya it didn't hurt the sound of that saw at all!!! :) Got a nice bark sittin at idle.

Gregg,

I'll be glad when Andyshine77 gets finished with his 4200.
All of us 4200-5200-7700-8500 owners need to have a firewood cutting day!!!:cheers:

Mike

Models?

Is this Dayton based on the 245?

3k83mb3p25V45Z25Q3a9680996ae796ff1ade.jpg

The same owner is selling this as a McCulloch but it looks like a 306. Confirmation?

3k53o83l05O25Z35U3a96a950d8cd4acc1f81.jpg

There is also a smaller Poulan/Dayton in the group. None run and the asking price of $150 is too much for me.

3na3k43m35Y65U25X5a96cafdb8ca4a281895.jpg

I have GOT to find a 5200!!!
I have four 4200s and ZERO 5200-8500s!

The good thing about having 4 of those old junks is USUALLY, one of the 4 will start and run.

Mike

I have GOT to find a 5200!!!
I have four 4200s and ZERO 5200-8500s!

The good thing about having 4 of those old junks is USUALLY, one of the 4 will start and run.

Mike

LOL, I wish someone in this group would get a Mint 8500. I'd love to run one, after running 67Mustang's mint 7700. Still slobbering a little.:)

Gregg,

Look what I got today.

I was looking for a 306SA clutch cover for a upcoming restoration but I don't think I can bring myself to strip this one and paint it lime green. :dizzy:

Too bad I dont have the rest of the Allis Chalmers 295 to go with it.

attachment.php

Another thing, happend today as well. I made contact at least 6 months ago with a local farmer who's dad happened to have a Allis Chalmers chainsaw or two that I remembered working on in the late 70's.

He told me then that he thought he still had one in the shed along with a couple of Poulans and that we could probably deal on them.

Well we never did get together on them till today and I went over to see him about the saws in the shed.

He couldn't find them! He thinks his son moved them or maybe threw them out when cleaning out the shed :cry:

Anyway he says when he gets ahold of his son, he will find out what happend to them and let me know.

Heres to hopeing there still around. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back