Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money ahead? I'm paying shipping only, works out to $20 each for the 3400s and a pretty good 10-10. Such deals are rarely so good. drill.daddy rocks!!!

One 3400 that will fire on prime will regularly bring $60.00 or more + shipping on the BAY!

2 free saws = ALL GOOD!!!

Mike

O.K. will try to stop the babbling..................................

I Never owned a Mac...or any medium sized saw from the 80's except my Poulan 4200.

got this today..it is pretty light...or maybe it's heavy...I don't even know any more.........not sure what Poulan model it is based on....perhaps someone could tell me? I think it is kind of cute, little 10 inch bar and all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

2000 which is the same as the micro serie's except the cc's are a little more. I had one just like yours.:cheers:

:bowdown::bowdown:

:yourock:

thanks......it has good compression but when I put fuel in it it ran out...must have a fuel tank or gas line issue..
.it was $10 at a garage sale..not out much but I would like to get it running...its a mans saw,
no stinkin AV or chain brake, a huge 2 cubic inches of engine and 10 inches of tree eatin fury!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

These saws are very common to have a cracked fuel line. (10 minute fix);)

thank you. I will take a look at it in the morning. It looks like it has the original chain and bar on it...not used much I suspect...

looks like it would be a hoot as a climbing saw:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes they are very good little saws. I prefer the micro series over the Super 25 models myself because the they are lighter. (JMO)

5200 Lives again

Here is a few pics and a video of the 5200 I been trying to bring back to life.
I put a 28" Power Match bar that I used to use on my 385xp on it to save some $$$. Had a 92 link chain made at a local Stihl dealer, the 93 link chain was a little to long, was at end of adjustment range.

I want to give a BIG Thank You to Mike, for the oiler! it puts out like a ..well, it oils real good.:D And, to Steve for comming up with a uasable muffler! the original was rotted out. I managed to get most of that broken screw out, and retapped. If you guys ever need anything I can come up with, just holler!:clap:

It won't win any pretty contest, but seems to be very functional!

SeansGTG011.jpg

SeansGTG006-1.jpg

[
SeansGTG013-2.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

5200 video

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid48.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff201%2FGregg500%2FSeansGTG015.mp4">

Gregg,

Looking great Gregg!
I'm glad that oiler worked out for ya.

I guess the beauty contest ranking would depend on who the judge was!!!:D

Mike

Nice 5200. They may not be speed demons, but they get the job done. I really enjoy that particular model. The 5200 really has a good sound to it as well.

Here is a few pics and a video of the 5200 I been trying to bring back to life.
I put a 28" Power Match bar that I used to use on my 385xp on it to save some $$$. Had a 92 link chain made at a local Stihl dealer, the 93 link chain was a little to long, was at end of adjustment range.

I want to give a BIG Thank You to Mike, for the oiler! it puts out like a ..well, it oils real good.:D And, to Steve for comming up with a uasable muffler! the original was rotted out. I managed to get most of that broken screw out, and retapped. If you guys ever need anything I can come up with, just holler!:clap:

It won't win any pretty contest, but seems to be very functional!

SeansGTG011.jpg

Nice work Gregg. I am hoping to come across a saw from that lineup sooner or later.

Way to go, Gregg! Did you bleed much when you sliced that tear in the knee of your jeans? :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, Fortunately, that wasn't a chainsaw..All of my jeans just bust out there for some reason. I do have an old pair of Carhart insulated bibs, that do have a slice in them though..:monkey:

Gregg,

I just figured he got that from praying that he could get his saw running!!!:ices_rofl:

Mike

You know Mike, I had this one all apart. Pulled the jug, Rebuilt the carb, new fuel lines, filter etc. I'll bet it farted on the 3rd pull. Pushed the choke knob in, pulled, and it fired right up.:clap:
I think these old Poulans just want to run.:)

Gregg,

I am three for three, both 3400s start on prime and the 10-10 runs well. The 3400 with the locked up starter, well I had a WTF moment, the entire recoil side was packed full of red clay mud dobber nests. I field stripped the recoil, cleaned, replaced rope and handle. tomorrow I will see if they can pull fuel from the tank. what little things can be done to get to all the zip they have?

Depends on what you mean by "little", Randy.
They respond quite well to a muffler mod.
Light porting on the exhaust side gives them a little more grunt.

If you want to get more involved, tightening up the squish helps.

I have seen good results with transfer work but that is beyond my maximum I.Q.

All in all they are fantastic old saws and will hold their own quite well even with todays saws.

Mike

Back