Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, looks like someone replaced original carb on my 5200 with the 4200 HS168A. Both saws show the same carb. Guess there is no governor to worry about. Thanks for info.

I have not had any luck finding the pictures. Could you post a link to the thread? When I try using the search engine I get everything except what I am looking for....I must be doing something wrong...:confused:

Not to worry, my camera still works. Kinda wierd seeing these in orange.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh I'm just culling the herd. Want to get into the 100cc club or close to it. Have a Husky 288XP in Vermont so a 066 doesn't seem to be big enough of a differance, cc wise. 088 is too expensive and overkill so I may have to look for a Husky 2100XP or something similar. Don't ask me why I need something that big. Only other saws I may sell in the future are a Skil 1647 and a Dayton of the same size. Poulan 3400 clones so I doubt they'd get 3400 money.

Ya know your wanting to come off of one of them 4000's to me also!:greenchainsaw:

Oldie Sandcast Poulan's

Here are some of Igpoe's Poulan's. In this first pic from front to back is a K100 bow. The next one back with the straight bar is a H200. The two-man of course is a Model 52. And bringing up the rear with the round bow is a model 82. The other two pics are different angles of the same.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are some of Igpoe's Poulan's. In this first pic from front to back is a K100 bow. The next one back with the straight bar is a H200. The two-man of course is a Model 52. And bringing up the rear with the round bow is a model 82. The other two pics are different angles of the same.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for posting Steve. As of today they're all runners. (knock on wood)
Igpoe:cheers:

Great looking old Poulans Igpoe & Steve.!!!

Ever since having the pleasure of running Mark's model 71A, Its been a desire of mine to find one. :clap: I do have a model 47, but its just not the same..lol
:cheers:
Gregg,

I know you guys have said before what you use to seal the gas tanks on the 306-245 but I'm not really wanting to read this complete thread in one setting to find out and the search options are not helping me either.

So, what have ya used and had good luck with? Hopefully something I can pick up at napa, auto zone or advance auto because thats all there is around here.

I know you guys have said before what you use to seal the gas tanks on the 306-245 but I'm not really wanting to read this complete thread in one setting to find out and the search options are not helping me either.

So, what have ya used and had good luck with? Hopefully something I can pick up at napa, auto zone or advance auto because thats all there is around here.

Permatex MOTO-SEAL.
Good stuff!!!

Mike

I've used Yamabond with very good success

Went and did it. F$%#%^ UP

Well tried to remove welch plugs as carb was running terrible and that was the only option left. Unfortunately I ruined carb. Anyone have a line on a Tillotson HS168A? None on Ebay to date.
Bob

Thanks for posting Steve. As of today they're all runners. (knock on wood)
Igpoe:cheers:

Nice saws there Dean :bowdown: Tell me some more about that 52, whats the displacement on it? Is is compareable to most of the 2 mans from that vintage?

Great looking old Poulans Igpoe & Steve.!!!

Ever since having the pleasure of running Mark's model 71A, Its been a desire of mine to find one. :clap: I do have a model 47, but its just not the same..lol
:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, isn't that 47 also 92cc? I thought it was pretty much the same as the 71-A except it don't have a auto oiler.

Gregg, I know you've been cutting some wood up there, but it must be about time to burn some starting this weekend.

From the way it got cold here today, the stove in the shop will be fired up this weekend from the looks of it. :bang:

I'm going to have to lay off the saws for a bit and get this snow plow adapted to my new truck in the next couple weekends.
Permatex MOTO-SEAL.
Good stuff!!!
Mike

What he said! :laugh:

Well tried to remove welch plugs as carb was running terrible and that was the only option left. Unfortunately I ruined carb. Anyone have a line on a Tillotson HS168A? None on Ebay to date.
Bob

Way to go slick! :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry I don't have a spare, but maybe I can find something else to work.

Be carefull with those plugs, thats why I only use a drill press where I can control the feed. I had a close call once and almost screwed one up myself once. The bit hit the bottom but didn't do much damage.

Way to go slick! :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry I don't have a spare, but maybe I can find something else to work.

Be carefull with those plugs, thats why I only use a drill press where I can control the feed. I had a close call once and almost screwed one up myself once. The bit hit the bottom but didn't do much damage.

I have found that a small little end mill works good so the point can't into the carb body.

Latest posts

Back