Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I'm talking about. The rear outlets. Mine only come out the added on exit.
Ok thanks!

I forgot to post some pics of my 4000 after about 6 hrs of through cleaning. Had to dissassemble damn near the entire saw to get her clean as the PO probably never even took a rag, anyway I believe the saw lost some weight in the process. lol Forgot to ask anyone got new decals???

Before
Picture573.jpg

After
Picture590.jpg

Picture593.jpg

Nice old saw man! I need a 4000 now......

Uhhh, Thats a good question. Looks to me that must be a very rare one. Only made one year. Probably the same place you find a 744. LOL

I suspect you would have to look pretty far south for either of them.
:cheers:
Gregg,

I am in the south, and none here. I know of one 744 and it belongs to another collector. My eyes are always peeled, though.

There Are 2 Poulan Sandcast Bowsaws For Sale On Valdosta, GA Craigslist
valdosta.craigslist.org/tls/2021686280.html. If Anyone Is Interested.

Hi Bo! That link didn't work but I looked em up on the Valdosta craigslist and found 2 Sandcast gear drives! Those a cool but they dont list what models they are. Be cool if one was a 92!

Brad, there are 2 different styles of top covers. One with 3 bolts holding it down, and the other I think with one bolt up top. I think..

Good luck finding either one...

Just bought a 5200. It looks to have very minimal paint wear. Compression is said to be north of 150 PSI. All it needs is an air filter and top cover. Please let me know if you know where I can find these parts.

1111217947_Jwt2d-M.jpg

1111218127_QZZKp-M.jpg

1111218339_cEfPo-M.jpg

1111218562_wszHA-M.jpg

1111218708_Dmtpi-M.jpg

How long til it's ported LOL?:chainsawguy:

Hate to tell ya'll but if I find a gear drive 245, it will never leave the shop :)

And I wouldn't blame you at all. I wouldn't care either if you found one, just so I could see it. :biggrinbounce2:

Brad, there are 2 different styles of top covers. One with 3 bolts holding it down, and the other I think with one bolt up top. I think..

Good luck finding either one...

Thats easy to see on that one that Brad just got, you can see the stud bolted on top of the cyl showing it uses the center bolt style.

Did you guys ever find a cover? I thought you said you did.

Now air filters, thats another whole ball game. There far and few between and high priced when you do. I'm working on getting some, might have to buy a few to get them so down the road I might have some. And no I aint telling anymore about them.

Just bought a 5200. It looks to have very minimal paint wear. Compression is said to be north of 150 PSI. All it needs is an air filter and top cover. Please let me know if you know where I can find these parts.

Brad, I seen that one, kinda wanted it just for the bow setup, then the seller came and said it was bent, so I let it go. Hopefully it can be straightend.

Good luck on finding those parts and heres to you hoping the top end is good on it. That is one of, if not the easiest saw to work on I have ever seen. Gasket sets can still be ordred from Poulan, rings are out there, brgs and seals are generic, so as long as the P/C are good your going to be OK.

Brad,

This top cover isn't perfect but it would take one of the real "GURUs" like Mark or Steve or Gregg to tell, when you get it on the saw.
It'll do you until a better one comes along. After all it's just an old Poulan!

Mike

5200 air filter

I bought one a few years ago.it was a Stens aftermarket, probably
threw the old one out, looked last year, just a tear that could have
been fixed.
I checked with an old saw shop guy I know this AM to see if he had
some old Poulans laying around; he took them all to the recycler last year.

I did meet Wigglesworth this AM, it was too hot for me at his last GTG,
maybe next time.

Nice 5200 Brad:clap: I see by Mike's big grin, he must have had the top cover. :D He's a savior ain't he. Whats your plans for it? Leave it as a bow saw, or put a big bar on it? Be nice either way!
Gregg,

And I wouldn't blame you at all. I wouldn't care either if you found one, just so I could see it. :biggrinbounce2:

Did you guys ever find a cover? I thought you said you did.
IF I find one, Ill send it with Steve to the next GTG.

And we have a borrowed cover... As in one day, Ill find a replacement for it, and return it. haha

Latest posts

Back