Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey UPS arrived today and my S25DA was in the box, talk about fast shipping, I won the saw on sunday night at 11:30. Anyway it's as described, as mint as you can get for an unused 35YO saw. Checked the fuel line and it was petrified, it broke into pieces just by touching it, checked the fuel tank out and the line was broke right at the pass through hole. If the dumb camera wasn't always dead i'd have a few pics up, well mabe later.

Glad it arrived safely!

Lines are expected and not that hard. The line size should be 1/8"x3/16".

I got a bunch of those to reline since the ethonal destroyed em and I just got my new lines the other day.

I was thinking of starting a couple new threads with step by step instructions and pictures for the S25's, Micro's and 3400's as it's a constant queston around here on how to do them.

What do you guys think of that idea?

Hey buddy, friend ,pal, gramps, grumpy, old fart q-tip it's your most famous follower here. Once again you have got my butt out of a mess. I got a pretty nice looking $10 old school 306 manuel running today. The chain is shot to :censored: and of all the chains hanging out here not a one to fit it. So it's going to get a brand new Stihl half on it in the am.

You are the man the all knowing Steve. I don't care what LP or nobody else says about you I think you is the s:censored:.

That's the good news. That funny looking saw you brought down is going to make me crazier than I already am. But oh well life as we know it in Possumville. HA HA HA !

You got a 306 thumb pumper? Those were not very common.

*awsome*

Glad it arrived safely!

I got a bunch of those to reline since the ethonal destroyed em and I just got my new lines the other day.

I was thinking of starting a couple new threads with step by step instructions and pictures for the S25's, Micro's and 3400's as it's a constant queston around here on how to do them.

I think it would be a great Idea im not new to saws but im new to tearing them apart!!! for me i love the step by step stuff ya all veterans post!!!!! I vote go for it!!!!

S25da

Hey UPS arrived today and my S25DA was in the box, talk about fast shipping, I won the saw on sunday night at 11:30. Anyway it's as described, as mint as you can get for an unused 35YO saw. Checked the fuel line and it was petrified, it broke into pieces just by touching it, checked the fuel tank out and the line was broke right at the pass through hole. If the dumb camera wasn't always dead i'd have a few pics up, well mabe later.[/QUOTE wanna trade saws i have a nice 021 i would trade nice 009 also???? what would you sell it for???? I got caSH to would you be interested in selling it for a profit?

Hey, I think I saw two complete for the most part S25DA's in the scrap pile the other day when I was looking for some 245a bow parts! I willl look again saturday if your interested? Not sure what kind of shape the saws are in...?

Glad it arrived safely!

Good idea Mark:clap: I could have helped ya out on that venture. I just put fuel lines etc. in another 4000 tonight. I should have taken pics, never crossed my mind.
:cheers:
Gregg,

S25da

Hey, I think I saw two complete for the most part S25DA's in the scrap pile the other day when I was looking for some 245a bow parts! I willl look again saturday if your interested? Not sure what kind of shape the saws are in...?

Good idea Mark:clap: I could have helped ya out on that venture. I just put fuel lines etc. in another 4000 tonight. I should have taken pics, never crossed my mind.
Gregg,

Your getting tired of hearing the questions also huh? ;)

I guess it would be nice to just point to a link and say, "there ya go"

I will do that here shortly.

Might as well detail the cap duckbills as well.

cool

im alway looking!

sweet!

yes show the dam duck bill in detail ive broke 2!!!!! aww come on guys i will teach my kid what you teach me!!!! and maybe he will teach his!!!!How cool is that????????oh and the 2000 it goes straight up right? im gussing ya have to put the lil mtal cap on it or gas still squirts up on mine it did!!!!

I guess a lot of this stuff gets repetitive to say the least.;) But, I guess thats to be expected, with new guys popping up all the time. Heck, I was a :newbie:
once too.LOL

But you are right! having a link to point to on the subject, with pictures, would be a handy thing. A lot of this stuff is sometimes hard to put into words alone.
Gregg,

My 4000

I forgot to post some pics of my 4000 after about 6 hrs of through cleaning. Had to dissassemble damn near the entire saw to get her clean as the PO probably never even took a rag, anyway I believe the saw lost some weight in the process. lol Forgot to ask anyone got new decals???

Before
Picture573.jpg

After
Picture590.jpg

Picture593.jpg

I forgot to post some pics of my 4000 after about 6 hrs of through cleaning. Had to dissassemble damn near the entire saw to get her clean as the PO probably never even took a rag, anyway I believe the saw lost some weight in the process. lol Forgot to ask anyone got new decals???

Before
Picture573.jpg

After
Picture590.jpg

Picture593.jpg

Dave, That 4000 looks great!!:clap: I just got another 4000 put back together tonight also. Has the same color scheme as yours. The black rear handle. But has different decals. The ones on this one are the green & black decals that say 4000 Professional on them.

I have dabbled with making decals for some of mine, and need to do some more. When i come up with some new ones, I'll show ya and send ya a set.;)
Gregg,

You got a 306 thumb pumper? Those were not very common.

All i know is what my hero Steve told me about the other one I got he wants and now he wants this one and I'm so confused. I finally learn what to look for and start snagging a few and he wants um all. What's up with that.

Naw it's all junk. Steve taught me what I know about the Poulans I had a real wrong idea about um. Never saw the ones he told me to look for around here much. But once I knew what to look for they are around and I CAN SEE UM.

See even and old fart Sthilhead can learn new things.

Latest posts

Back