Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this is coming home with me next week......View attachment 1185812
3500? Loved that whole group. 3.7 3500 365. Would get them in 3 packs, then sell off and do it again for kicks.

3500 365 were the easy ones to find compared to 3.7.

Attachments

• p365360037.jpg
    p365360037.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
OK guys,I got this PP5020AV that I fired up[ yesterday & couldn't get it to idle.I went to turn the idle screw up & it broke free from the carb body.I can get a replacement carb from Sawzilla for $23.My question is how in the name of the sweet baby jesus does the carb come off?I pulled the 2 nuts off that hold the plastic AF housing on,but the housing won't come off.I pulled the choke lever off & the switch lever too.Still acts like there's another nut or screw holding it on.I tried disconnecting the throttle assembly too,all to no avail.
Found pics. lol

thought about making a new post...my first ever chainsaw, an old poulan...looks like it's barely been used...fuel line was broken like a pasta noodle...finessed some new filters and a fuel line in there and she even started on the first pull the other day...now just need something to cut 😈
IMG_20240616_202040.jpgIMG_20240616_200446.jpgIMG_20240619_230306.jpgIMG_20240624_131144.jpg

I got this 36cc wild thing last winter if I recall right.
Was just a curiosity thing.

But anyhow I needed some small apple wood chunks for a small smoker.

So I decided to see how it would act after the new oem echo 3x5 lines and carb kit.

Running full chisel 3/8LP chain.
If you want to make these little guys cut close 20% faster with just a chain change alone.

Ran perfect was able to set down leave idling like I do while putting in new branches into the holder to cut.
Call her good to go.
Now if a local homeowner needs a trim saw I got another to add to the to many plastic saws on shelf. 🤦‍♂️ 😋😂

Attachments

• p2175wo.jpg
    p2175wo.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
  • p2175woo.jpg
    p2175woo.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 0
I'll tell you one thing. That pork shoulder made some great smoked pulled pork using the apple.

Ended up cutting about 4 more branches into little longer pieces 6-8 inches till it was done.

Least the apple tree lost last years tornado is still giving back to us. She made some nice tasting food.
Next to smoke with her is a turkey breast.

Attachments

• applelost.jpg
    applelost.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back