Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just your address. Is the spring broken in yours?
Actually, the entire housing was cracked and unusable. The pictures came from a friend that also has one.
I'll PM you the address after you let me know if you have the coil. And I would be more than willing to pay the shipping, if you send me your address.

bob kern

Addicted to ArboristSite​

. AS Supporting Member.
Well I did some field testing on the pp 5020. Definitely will not run right tilted up. Whether i start at an angle and come down straight or the opposite, it clears right up when level and runs like crud up at an angle. Anyone ever do bearings and seals on those? Not sure I will mess with it honestly.

bob kern

Addicted to ArboristSite​

. AS Supporting Member.
Well I did some field testing on the pp 5020. Definitely will not run right tilted up. Whether i start and and angle and come down straight or the opposite, it clears right up when level and runs like crud up at an angle. Anyone ever do breaking and seals on those? Not sure I will mess with it honestly.
My dad has a 5020 PoulanPro. That saw has been nothing but a problem. Plus, a lot of the parts are Made in China cheap junk, this has also made getting replacement parts a problem. I have never done what you're talking about doing, though.

Picked up a CRaftsman 3.3. Single ring, chrome ]bore. Did a gasket delete but wonder if a squish of .038 is to tight. Seems to have a hard spot when pulling recoil. Goes away on the second and later pulls. Comp with gasket was 150 and 160 w/o a gasket. Wonder if I should replace cylinder gasket.

Picked up a CRaftsman 3.3. Single ring, chrome ]bore. Did a gasket delete but wonder if a squish of .038 is to tight. Seems to have a hard spot when pulling recoil. Goes away on the second and later pulls. Comp with gasket was 150 and 160 w/o a gasket. Wonder if I should replace cylinder gasket.
I answered in poulan group fb this morning. Just a idea to check.

Just another one of many I have seen and pics of.

I was setting up some tanks to leak test. Plugging line off pushed that epa tygon inner liner out. Noticed it was bunching up inside. :laughing:

Epa ethanol resistant line they tried. Total garbage line.

Poulan 5020 and 4218 came with this oem.

Attachments

• plinetank.jpg
    plinetank.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • plinepos.jpg
    plinepos.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 0
Good morning, all! I made some time for myself this weekend by working on a Homelite 750 and Poulan 5200. I realized I'm aging quickly when pulling starters AND when looking at/for smaller parts, LOL! I guess it's time to get a large magnifier and carry on. Have a great, safe week everyone, and for those of us on the East Coast, stay diligent and hydrated. Best, Max.

So, I pulled my 8500 out to wipe it off and make a few cuts. Most of my larger saws have been sitting and I'm making it a point to run them as Fall closes in. If you've run an 8500/5400/5200 etc., you know they sound great, and this saw is no exception. It simply sounds awesome! I've had it for years and added the full wrap handle to it when replacing the half handle and chain brake. It has a new recoil spring and pull rope as well. The decals you see are Sugar Creek reproductions, but I did find three NOS drive cover decals for it. Don't ask me where they are, as I can't find them at the moment. Story of my life and garage. Max.

Poulan 8500 Pic 1 MT.jpgPoulan 8500 Pic 2 MT.jpgPoulan 8500 Pic 3 MT.jpg

Here's my 5200 I purchased from the original owner's Son a few Thanksgivings ago. It's fairly clean and a really good runner. His Father's name is engraved on part of the saw, under the top cover I believe. I found this one in Orange County, Virginia. I cleaned it up, went through and replaced the usual suspects, and added the full wrap handle I snagged from Kevin Smith. Thanks, Kevin! It has a NOS spike I traded for as well. It sounds nearly as good as the 8500. I'm planning on running it this weekend at my Mother's home. Max.

Poulan 5200 Pic 1 MT.jpgPoulan 5200 Pic 2 MT.jpg

So, I pulled my 8500 out to wipe it off and make a few cuts. Most of my larger saws have been sitting and I'm making it a point to run them as Fall closes in. If you've run an 8500/5400/5200 etc., you know they sound great, and this saw is no exception. It simply sounds awesome! I've had it for years and added the full wrap handle to it when replacing the half handle and chain brake. It has a new recoil spring and pull rope as well. The decals you see are Sugar Creek reproductions, but I did find three NOS drive cover decals for it. Don't ask me where they are, as I can't find them at the moment. Story of my life and garage. Max.

View attachment 1199244View attachment 1199245View attachment 1199246
Noticing the handle looking rubber cover like 5200 ones or did 8500 one just clean up that good? I thought I had sold your a 8500 FW in foam. Least I thought I mailed it to VA, maybe someone else.

8500 5400 shown.

Attachments

• pfwwwww.jpg
    pfwwwww.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pfwnos.jpg
    pfwnos.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back