Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need a little help here boys, I need to know the dimensions of the O-ring that seals the bearing carrier on the Poulan 361. The ipl shows it as PN 19004. I'm sure it's NLA but if I knew what size it was I could just go down to Grainger and pick on up.

Hmmmm. Fatguy. Must be a newbie. Where you been buddy? Wish I could help you re the 361 part. Have no idea.
Bob

hey it's says on the Chain Saw Collectors Corner that this poulan 3800 has an autonatic oiler with manual override is this true?

and does anyone have a walbro HDB-8 series carb

4000 problem

i used my 4000 today (the one i just finished) and It had plenty of power and cut the maple and oak no problem. It idles fine and revs good but when i pick it up from the ground it dies. Re-starts fine on first pull and cuts like it should. Low speed adjustments made no improvement. Compression is good. Carb is cleaned and re-built. New lines and filters. Im thinking crank seals.
Then my 3.7 refused to start! There is a carb issue there for sure.

oh ok i thought it had one but i done some looking around and i thought i would make sure about it so thanks for confirming that

does anyone know where i can find a walbro HDB-8 series carb at?

need a little help here boys, I need to know the dimensions of the O-ring that seals the bearing carrier on the Poulan 361. The ipl shows it as PN 19004. I'm sure it's NLA but if I knew what size it was I could just go down to Grainger and pick on up.

Nik according to the Poulan site that 530019004 is still in the system for $2

i used my 4000 today (the one i just finished) and It had plenty of power and cut the maple and oak no problem. It idles fine and revs good but when i pick it up from the ground it dies. Re-starts fine on first pull and cuts like it should. Low speed adjustments made no improvement. Compression is good. Carb is cleaned and re-built. New lines and filters. Im thinking crank seals.

Could be seals Joe. I imagine you checked that the fuel line isn't stuck and when you pick it up it rides above the fuel? Does it do it witha full tank? Hope you have seals because I haven't been able to come up with any.

No I don't think the crank seals, I'm thinkin the needle lever in the carb is set too high or the needle aint sealing.

No I don't think the crank seals, I'm thinkin the needle lever in the carb is set too high or the needle aint sealing.

I hope your right Mark and me and Bob are wrong! Im gonna take that carb off and check again. Im gonna have to do the same to the 3.7, but that one is strange cause Ive used that saw a lot and had no issues at all.

Dayton 2Z463B

Looks like you all will have to wait until about Tuesday to see the Dayton Run. It's been freezing rain and sleet here and I'm not getting out there to cut frozen hickory!

:biggrinbounce2:My girlfriend says all I do is stay in that building and play with that saw...!

Looks like you all will have to wait until about Tuesday to see the Dayton Run. It's been freezing rain and sleet here and I'm not getting out there to cut frozen hickory!

:biggrinbounce2:My girlfriend says all I do is stay in that building and play with that saw...!

Come on Dude! Winter is for cutting next years firewood! A little sleet will cool you down!

I hope your right Mark and me and Bob are wrong! Im gonna take that carb off and check again. Im gonna have to do the same to the 3.7, but that one is strange cause Ive used that saw a lot and had no issues at all.

I think Mark is making sense as I thought about it, Joe. Crank seal issues I've had involved idling issues, Lo speed adjustment issues and/or saw dying at idle when placed on its side. Hopefully its a simple carb issue. Did you replace metering needle when you rebuilt carb or use the old one? I've learned to always use a new one and toss the old one.
Bob

Cleaned up 4000

Well after a lot of clean up and some extra parts I had, I got the 4000 running. Pulled cylinder and cleaned up piston a little. Replaced w/o a gasket and switched top and bottom rings around. Comp. before and after went from 130 to 150. Rebuilt carb(naturally), replaced rear handle assembly as the left half was busted( think I can fix with a little JB weld), replaced clutch cover and painted muffler(drilled out baffle and removed screen). Saw starts and idles very well but I'll throw on a bar and chain for fine tuning. Saw is still a little scratched up and decals poor. May be a good painting project when I get some more paint.

oh I still lurk on here, just not posting as much : )

Been awhile, Nik! I figured you Canuck's was afraid to show your faces on here after all that cold air you been sending our way. :hmm3grin2orange: Been about 12* below normal for the month of December so far. Anyway, glad to hear from you. Merry Christmas to you and rest of the Poulan crowd!

I think Mark is making sense as I thought about it, Joe. Crank seal issues I've had involved idling issues, Lo speed adjustment issues and/or saw dying at idle when placed on its side. Hopefully its a simple carb issue. Did you replace metering needle when you rebuilt carb or use the old one? I've learned to always use a new one and toss the old one.
Bob

You guys need to really watch and be carefull with those blasted HDB carbs. Especially when your setting that needle lever.

It's hard for me to explain but the lever has little "hooks" where it pivots on the pin.

If you bend it wrong setting that lever height, you will open those "hooks" and the damn needle will not pivot right on that pin. You end up with too much slop on it.

Well after a lot of clean up and some extra parts I had, I got the 4000 running. Pulled cylinder and cleaned up piston a little. Replaced w/o a gasket and switched top and bottom rings around. Comp. before and after went from 130 to 150. Rebuilt carb(naturally), replaced rear handle assembly as the left half was busted( think I can fix with a little JB weld), replaced clutch cover and painted muffler(drilled out baffle and removed screen). Saw starts and idles very well but I'll throw on a bar and chain for fine tuning. Saw is still a little scratched up and decals poor. May be a good painting project when I get some more paint.

Looks good with the black handle, even a little stealthy. lol

Nik according to the Poulan site that 530019004 is still in the system for $2

thanks Mark!
Been awhile, Nik! I figured you Canuck's was afraid to show your faces on here after all that cold air you been sending our way. :hmm3grin2orange: Been about 12* below normal for the month of December so far. Anyway, glad to hear from you. Merry Christmas to you and rest of the Poulan crowd!

You too Steve, God bless you and your family as well.

Back