Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea I know aint she pretty i'm goin to find the stickers and replace the ones thats on it and everything

yea i bet you would :laugh: but I think i'll keep this one to cut fire wood with. but i need to find a air filter and some bolts for the starter cover. I got one small one and a big one holding the starter cover on.

oh i c well someone took the second line out and put a bolt in there to stop the hole up on it.but where can i find one of them things that goes on the end of the fuel line at.and how long does the second fuel line has to be so it will work.

If you cant find a duckbill valve go to the dealer and get a echo vent assembly Oregon brand. Stick some fuel line in the tank and route the vent under the killswitch area.

Looks like this
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/111P0QNCK2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Assembly-units-13130056430-13130040630/dp/B000IVHWWA&h=300&w=300&sz=5&tbnid=yNargPQBLmy4OM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Decho%2Bvent%2Bassembly%2Bpics&zoom=1&q=echo+vent+assembly+pics&hl=en&usg=__tNo_8aGfN-TbK8iavk-HN70yzwo=&sa=X&ei=5tcKTZeOMcH-8Aak4K2fAQ&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAA

well looks like i joined the club now i bought this poulan 3800 for 20.00 bucks and i got it running tonight i found a other pull starter for it and put it on.and now i got to look for an air filter and a new gas tank for it. the gas tank that is on it has a bolt in it where one of the gas lines went and it leaks a little.but it runs really good now.but i'll wait until i get the gas tank and air filter before i go cutting fire wood with it though

I'm having a hard time believing what you paid for your 3800. On another Thread you stated it was for sale for $250.00, but you purchased it for $20.00 on this Thread? Seems to be one heck of a discount if you're speaking about the same saw! Whats up!!!

I'm having a hard time believing what you paid for your 3800. On another Thread you stated it was for sale for $250.00, but you purchased it for $20.00 on this Thread? Seems to be one heck of a discount if you're speaking about the same saw! Whats up!!!

no that's a different saw there a guy had for sale. and i thought it was kind of strange that he wanted 250.00 for a saw that looks like its been ran over.but you know how some people are.they think since it looks old they think it's worth more or something :laugh:

well i just went this morring to get a duckbill vent for my saw and came home and put it on. and ran the the vent line under the kill switch just like you fellers told me. and now the gas tank don't leak or anythng and the saw runs like a new one again

yea he's always like that until i find the same saw for a whole lot less.and then i end up buying it from him.for about 10.00 to 15.00 bucks just to make parts out of them

oh I c well if it starts to leak again i'll find a new tank and replace the fuel lines like i did on this one. but now i have to find a air filter for it.and the place i got the duckbill vent at said they was no longer available for some reason. but he's going to keep checking and see if he can find one though.

Poulan 245A Seals

Well the seals came and there is good news and bad news. Bad news is the seal I believe for the crank side(National # 253747) will not fit on the 245A. The ID is too small. However I compared it to the Poulan seal 530019097 for the 3400,3700 and 4000 saws and it compares extremely well. The other National seal, which from an earlier post was supposed to fit on the flywheel National 471442), I can't comment about as I haven't looked at the flywheel side seal. However if the FW side crank is the same diameter as the crank side, it won't fit as its ID is similar to the 25747 part.
Bob

Sure is quiet in here....do I need to go get my 5400 out of the shop and start it up to wake you guys up?

Back