Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad that series topped out at the 4000. The 4200 started another chassis design. You will catch on quick, there no real mystery to them.

I have some IPLs and Service manuals for that series if you need them.

I was just over at Acres checking them out. Yeah, it looks like the 3400-4000 were the same saw and th 4200 was quite a bit larger. Looks like the 4000 is 65cc.

Yes,

You failed to mention that one!!!

You told us Saturday that you had a line on one but didn't mention finalizing the deal.

The details aren't worked out, but the deals been made. I hadn't contacted the guy again since doing the deal on the 090. Then today the guy emailed me and sweetened the deal. Plus I sold the 357 today to loosen some more funds. I've got an AS member a little over an hour away that is planning to pick it up for me.

I'm only infatuated at this point, not in love yet, lol:)

I bet you said the same thing, when you bought your first chainsaw! lol and look where that led. Congrats on the 4000 purchase, that thing looks like its seen little use, paint and decals still look great! I want have all you Poulan guys here for a GTG, sometime this fall yet, if anybodys interested. Heck, any brand saw is fine with me..:)
Seems like alot of you are from the Cinncy area. I'm up I-75 just south of Findlay. Live on 160 ac. here and can come up with a variety of wood to cut.
Sure looks like you fellas have a great time together!:cheers:

Gregg,

I bet you said the same thing, when you bought your first chainsaw! lol and look where that led. Congrats on the 4000 purchase, that thing looks like its seen little use, paint and decals still look great! I want have all you Poulan guys here for a GTG, sometime this fall yet, if anybodys interested. Heck, any brand saw is fine with me..:)
Seems like alot of you are from the Cinncy area. I'm up I-75 just south of Findlay. Live on 160 ac. here and can come up with a variety of wood to cut.

Gregg,

I'll sure try to make it! About 9 hours from here, but heck, I'd drive that far for a 4000 as purdy as Brad's. LOL

Gregg,

just say when!

Gregg,

Jenera ehh? I actually know where that is. I have a good friend that lives there, Rob Frankart. That's just south of my wifes family a few miles. I'd love to come. Basically I bought this saw as my ticket to join you guys tight little group. I love the way you guys love these saws for what they are. They're not the newest, the latest, or the fastest. But you're passionate about them for just what they are. I think that's cool. You won't mind if I try to make mine the fastest do you?:) I can't help myself, lol.

Last edited:
Poulan, CAD, Poulan, CAD, Poulan.......

Well, I'm going to join this group/thread if you'll have me. I've been working on my recently acquired Poulan 3400 CV with a bow bar. It had a broken rear handle but tons of compression, so I did what any reasonable person would do. I bought a parts saw off of eBay and have had it shipped!

Now, I've read how well this saw performs and with the fact that it was a gift from a friend for helping him out (he's in his seventies, had a tree go down, you know the story) I had to get it going. Well, it's almost done, and I wanted another one. I learned that certain Skil and a Craftsman saws were Poulan saws, just rebadged respectively. I learned this from this thread by the way!

So here's the good part. I'm traveling in Lynchburg, VA today and went to a fairly nice Pawn Shop. Two (2) Poulan 3400 CV's were present, one for $175.00 (WOW, and it wasn't the nice one) and another for $125.00. The more expensive saw was in poor condition, IMHO. The lesser priced saw had good decals, less paint loss, newer bar, and a fairly good chain. We tried to get her going and did. She had good/great compression, and revved well. Then she bogged down and died.

The proprietor said that he would not sell it to me in that condition, and I respected that. I asked for a deal anyway, and I got her out the door with tax for $85.00. I don't think that's too bad, given I don't have to pay shipping and so on. So, I have the better of the two, and another Poulan to add to the collection! This hobby rocks! Now, all I need is................

Best, Max. :)

Latest posts

Back