Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Found The Following Information In An Old Poulan Pro Service Manual:
Cylinder Application Chart For Poulan/Weedeater With Part Number, Bore Size,
& Model
Piston Application Chart
Beard-Poulan Private Label Crossover List
I Don't Know How To Attach It.

If Anybody Wants This Info, I Will be Glad To Email it To You or
Maybe I Can Email It To Someone Who Can Post It
Looks Like Some pretty Good Info
Bo

PM sent!

:cheers:

I Found The Following Information In An Old Poulan Pro Service Manual:
Cylinder Application Chart For Poulan/Weedeater With Part Number, Bore Size,
& Model
Piston Application Chart
Beard-Poulan Private Label Crossover List
I Don't Know How To Attach It.

If Anybody Wants This Info, I Will be Glad To Email it To You or
Maybe I Can Email It To Someone Who Can Post It
Looks Like Some pretty Good Info
Bo

Thanks, Bo!

Your the best :cheers:

BTW did I tell you I found a whole Pioneer IPL and Manual book that I will be borrowing to copy in the near future!

I don't know what all is there, but it looked like the mother load to me.

BTW did I tell you that you're my favorite AS member? :D (hint, hint, lol)

Hi everyone. I was wondering how much a 3450 in excellent condition is worth? I don't how old it is, but it almost identical to this one.
Timbermaster3450LE_Anim.gif

It looks like it's almost never been used; apparently the previous owner wasn't using it much and there was an issue with the carburetor that has supposedly been fixed (it's located at a farm and home type store that repairs small engines). It started and ran great. Had a very different sound than my 034 super; sounded powerful, though.

They are asking $150.

Not sure if I want to buy another used saw, though. I bought an 034 super and have had a lot of issues with it, compounded by having a rough time finding replacements parts. Damn that thing cuts when the oiler's working, though!

Thanks for any advice!

Here's one on ebay, garmar. Looks to be in good shape on the outside. Watching what this thing goes for in a couple days might give you a good idea of what they're worth. Maybe not the best but it is at least one source for pricing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-CHAINSAW-20-3450-TIMBERMASTER-CHAIN-SAW-3-3-cu_W0QQitemZ140339862732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ace85ccc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I would be hesitant to put that much in a used 3450.
I've seen them in like new condition sell for $100.00 or less.

I guess the first question is "What do you want the saw to do"?
If you are looking for a limber (yes I know you said you just bought one but most of us like to have at least 3 copies of each size) the XX, XXV, S25 are as good as it gets.
If you are looking for something a little bit larger, there are some of the Yellow Poulan Pros that are VERY nice saws and usually can be had very reasonably. (At least until it starts getting around that there is a group of us that are looking for them, then the price will skyrocket)
The 3400 would be my choice here as it is the most versatile Poulan ever, in my opinion.

The larger Poulans are becoming less common and they are escalating in price.
The 3700 is the same saw as the 3400 with a larger piston and cylinder and a bit more power.
The workhorse of this series is the 4000 with a still larger P/C and enough power to take on ANYTHING the average homeowner or firewood cutter will likely encounter.
A 4000 was recently stolen....er....sold here on the site that will be AMAZING in less than 2 weeks.

Welcome to the site and please feel free to join the Poulan Lovers Group where we discuss (practically) nothing but Poulans.

It's hard to believe there has been such an escalation of interest in these fine old saws. When I first joined, it seemed like "Poulan" was a dirty word.

Mike

Thanks for the invitation and the information. I was thinking 150 was a bit high, but I don't have a frame of reference because I've only been cutting for a few years and have gotten by just fine with what I have. Since I've been having some issues with my 034 I figure it's time for a backup. I will definitely keep an eye out for one of those big 4000 model saws. I would love to get my hands on one with the axillary oil pump lever (correct terminology?).

Edit:
Here's one on ebay, garmar. Looks to be in good shape on the outside. Watching what this thing goes for in a couple days might give you a good idea of what they're worth. Maybe not the best but it is at least one source for pricing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-CHAINSAW-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Hey, thanks! I'll watch that one.

Last edited:
Are any of you guys savvy enough to post them in the PLG?

Or maybe a link to them?

When it comes to this computer, I'm dumber in the head than a hog is in the....HAMS !

I'd like to know where the private lable cross referece came from as it's not accurate.

For example it list a AC 75 as a S25DA which is a 2.3ci auto oiler where the AC 75 is really a 25D which is a 2.1 manual oiler.

The Dayton 2Z463 does not show the 2Z463B version. It also ignores the Poulan 400 and the Dayton version of that one. Those are just a couple that jumped out at me.

I'd like to know where the private lable cross referece came from as it's not accurate.

For example it list a AC 75 as a S25DA which is a 2.3ci auto oiler where the AC 75 is really a 25D which is a 2.1 manual oiler.

The Dayton 2Z463 does not show the 2Z463B version. It also ignores the Poulan 400 and the Dayton version of that one. Those are just a couple that jumped out at me.

Mark

Can you re-create that list and post up a corrected version? I'd hate to forget about the errors and do something based on an inaccurate list!

:cheers:

Mark,
I worked At A Feed & Hardware Store In 1991. We Took On The Poulan
Pro Line And The Poulan Rep Gave Us A Service Manual With All The
Manuals For The Whole Line, Lawnmower's And All. This Chart Was In
The Section With Service Bulletins Along With The Piston & Cylinder
Charts. Maybe The Same Guy That Decided To Make All the New
Cheaper Saws Made Up This List.
Bo

Mark,
I worked At A Feed & Hardware Store In 1991. We Took On The Poulan
Pro Line And The Poulan Rep Gave Us A Service Manual With All The
Manuals For The Whole Line, Lawnmower's And All. This Chart Was In
The Section With Service Bulletins Along With The Piston & Cylinder
Charts. Maybe The Same Guy That Decided To Make All the New
Cheaper Saws Made Up This List.
Bo

Bo, first off thank you for sharing with us what you have. In dealing with some of these Poulan documents, I have found several times things conflict with each other, and it seems things were not always updated to reflect changes in the models also.

At least it seems the updated manuals never made it to the dealers often enough.

What other documents do you have? I would love to get my hands on that complete manual set you mention from 91. I would love to at least copy them and return them to you.

Latest posts

Back