Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticing the handle looking rubber cover like 5200 ones or did 8500 one just clean up that good? I thought I had sold your a 8500 FW in foam. Least I thought I mailed it to VA, maybe someone else.

8500 5400 shown.
Kevin, it cleaned up well. Your picture, the first, is that handle on my 5200 which is foam.

Here's my 5200 I purchased from the original owner's Son a few Thanksgivings ago. It's fairly clean and a really good runner. His Father's name is engraved on part of the saw, under the top cover I believe. I found this one in Orange County, Virginia. I cleaned it up, went through and replaced the usual suspects, and added the full wrap handle I snagged from Kevin Smith. Thanks, Kevin! It has a NOS spike I traded for as well. It sounds nearly as good as the 8500. I'm planning on running it this weekend at my Mother's home. Max.

View attachment 1199252View attachment 1199253
OK I see it now. 85 handle on 52. :cheers:

I like those bare bore 46cc mag cased saws over the plastic 46cc myself. Only one difference from 2800 and 2700 besides number and you can see it in pic. ;)

Last one I sold to local friend gone through ready to use with b+c was 100-125

Attachments

• p2700.JPG
    p2700.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 0
So, I pulled my 8500 out to wipe it off and make a few cuts. Most of my larger saws have been sitting and I'm making it a point to run them as Fall closes in. If you've run an 8500/5400/5200 etc., you know they sound great, and this saw is no exception. It simply sounds awesome! I've had it for years and added the full wrap handle to it when replacing the half handle and chain brake. It has a new recoil spring and pull rope as well. The decals you see are Sugar Creek reproductions, but I did find three NOS drive cover decals for it. Don't ask me where they are, as I can't find them at the moment. Story of my life and garage. Max.

View attachment 1199244View attachment 1199245View attachment 1199246
I love that bar.

I have been searching for one for years...

Well I finally got to run the 2800 a bit. It did ok but hunted just a little. I'm going to do the impulse line just because and retune it after cleaning out that junk from the carb. Will see how she does after that. Seems good and strong tho so I think I did ok.

View attachment 1203568Anyone use this source before? I am so Leary of Internet sales.
GL with that.

If you dont have NOS or used on hand. I showed you can use stihl ones in threads here and in on my website and group. Just look for info in this thread already shared or my old website in own thread to be found easy.

Attachments

• pavxss.jpg
    pavxss.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Back