NOCO Chargers are Garbage - What's a better brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have a dead battery, I pull out the RN, but I use the Battery Tender and Noco chargers, even a Harbor Freight smart charger now and then, for batteries that have at least SOME charge on them. I have not had a problem with any of them yet, except that the Noco battery repair mode seems to only make things worse. Tried the repair mode on several batteries and none got better, only worse. I bought the Noco specifically for the repair mode.

Chris

Battery Tender 2/8/15 charger.
If you leave the charger on over night, it will discharge the battery down to about 12.5-12.6V.
On a battery that is almost fully charged, it will say charging 80%, I know it should be topped off in 5 min., an hour later, still saying charging 80%. Unhook one terminal clamp then hook it up, then fully charged 100%. I done this on 4 or 5 good and new batteries. Years later still using the same batteries.
I sent the charger in, $15, they sent it back in the same box and it didn't look like it was taken out of the box.
I have an 2 electronic battery testers and State Lic. Mechanic.
They said they did me a favor, I guess not charging me to send a broken charger back.
After I purchased the charger I noticed about 30, 1 star ratings with the same problems, a month later they were gone, I wonder what happen to them?
NO WARRANTY
NO WARRANTY

I have a NOCO Genius G7200 charger as well as two Li-ion battery jump starters. A GB40 and a bigger GB70 for my truck. Not had any issues with them at all and owned them for at least 7-8 years at this point.

Also keep an older charger around for real dead batteries that these "smart" chargers cannot handle.

I'm thrilled with the Noco Genius 10 for its restoration circuitry. Had an AGM battery (loathe these things) that wasn't quite up to stuff. Putting it on the noco for a few days made it noticeably better.

Same with a flooded lead-acid battery. Overall I like it a lot.

If I were to buy another, I'd look for one of these:
https://associatedequip.com/

USA made. We need more of this.

Back