Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As if y'all didn't make me nervous enough as it was. :waaaht:

This may sound stupid but I really don't know. I haven't taken a real, week long vacation in over 25 years. Going to GTG's and taking a long weekend has been the closest I've come.

So, I know I want to be around water. Might be fine just to sit by a lake and read a book. I could bring my fly rod along that I haven't used in over 20 years.

No desire to do Branson. I was in Eureka Springs in the early 90's and remember it being nice but don't know what I'd do there.

Stump, I'd be happy to take you but you'd have to find your own ride back home.
I see how you are.:msp_sneaky::hmm3grin2orange:

All this travel is going to cost me.

SpaceWendell will be eating bacon coast to coast, people are selling off hogs left and right, this will mean a bacon shortage.:msp_mad:

Nice, and it is right on the way, too. Maybe stay there a day or two and then head up to Don's to harass him for a day?

Well??? There you go.
All the good stuff comes from the ok,mo, ar, tx,ks thread... And if ya want to cut a bunch of hedge trees, you can come over here and "have a go"... I'll even cook ya a tenderloin and put ya up for the night...
Whatever floats yer boat...

If ya got a fly rod I'm just down the road from Bennet Springs. Good trout fishin.
I don't think there's room for you in the Stump shack. :dizzy:

Holy crap, Don. I highlighted Sunfish forge out of Matt's post and clicked on search in Google just I realized he was talking about you. I thought he was joking until I went to the search page and you have the whole first page of Google and see people making pilgrimages to your place. And here I just thought you had a really nice splitter. :msp_blushing:

No pilgrimages here, just a few visits over the years. Have a small house and a large shop settin in the edge of a field, that's pretty much burnt up from heat and lack of rain this year. No inventory, as I ship finished knives when done, but have some cool equipment. You are welcome to stop by for the $2.00 tour and maybe lunch.

Oh and I still have that really nice splitter. :D

As if y'all didn't make me nervous enough as it was. :waaaht:

This may sound stupid but I really don't know. I haven't taken a real, week long vacation in over 25 years. Going to GTG's and taking a long weekend has been the closest I've come.

So, I know I want to be around water. Might be fine just to sit by a lake and read a book. I could bring my fly rod along that I haven't used in over 20 years.

No desire to do Branson. I was in Eureka Springs in the early 90's and remember it being nice but don't know what I'd do there.

Stump, I'd be happy to take you but you'd have to find your own ride back home.

If you want a thrill, try fly fishing below Tablerock Dam in Lake Taneycomo. When you wade across the gravel beds kicking up scuds the trout start feeding like chickens all around your legs almost tripping you as you wade. The state record brown trout came out of that area. 28lbs 12oz!!
View attachment 246135
attachment.php

Supercabs says that when you wade through the chicken house, and start kicking up skurds, the chickens start feeding like trout.....

Just saying.

Back