Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us know about your video of the Pioneer 800 on YouTube!
Really good to see those old saw's running despite their age!
Lawrence

No problem, i'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'm just glad that it ran as well as it did. I have had a few bad experiences where I got a hold of one of the "legendary" saws and then had it run and or cut poorly. That is a big dissapointment when you've heard stoies about a saw, but this one turned out to be a real strong runner so i'm happy.

Pioneer Manuals link

Thanks for posting the link. Thanks to all who contributed info for this link. There is a ton of useful information on the link.Cheers to all!!

I think the 1074 has one piston ring because my 1073 has one and I think the only difference between a 1073 and a 1074 is the chain tensioner. His picture shows two rings so it is more like a P25 I believe (my P25 has two rings).

I can't keep track of all these small pioneer differences. I looked last night and a 970 piston is 2 rings and a lot taller than a 1074. A 1074 and a p28 have the same piston,but I didn't know a p25 was different....:monkey:

Guess I better have a look at some of those manuals. I have some 970, 1073, 1074 and a few p28 parts, pm me if you need anything.

Lawrence et. al. - any way you guys could get me all those PDFs without me having to painstakingly download them all individually? If so I could throw them up on BitTorrent which could be a much faster, easier method for distribution for those who use it.

Brad Morgan

Brad.I'm really still kind of a newbie to all the computer stuff,so you might want to contact Chris(cjcocn) about that.
Lawrence

Lawrence et. al. - any way you guys could get me all those PDFs without me having to painstakingly download them all individually? If so I could throw them up on BitTorrent which could be a much faster, easier method for distribution for those who use it.

Is there a "browse cjcocn's public files" link at the top left? If so, then that should take you to a page that shows the Pioneer folder. There should be an option there to download the whole folder in one shot.

You may have to move your mouse over the link to get it to show. It is directly right of the "Pioneer Document Collection 2010" link.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the NU-17.
Does anyone know the optimum operating rpm for this model with a 24" bar,
375 x 063 chain? I have ordered a new tach and want to set it right.
Thanks in advance for any help. Here is a vid of one of her first cuts today after installing a new carb kit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_zHgu3Vzc
:cheers:

The whole damn shooting match is cool.......lol

I have a cylinder you can have if you need it, no piston unless a 1074 is the same, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Let me know if I can help.

Love the old pioneers....:clap::clap:

thanks for the reply's and welcomes.the whole shabang is cool, i'm a little jealous, but i will enjoy helping my friend getting it back together. i might take you up on that cylinder. i have not given it a close look yet. the link post is greatly appreciated. there is a wealth of info there.
thanks kevin

All is well

Hi guys, thought I'd check in and see how thing are going. I've been away on several road trips lately and have been working on some other projects in my spare time. Once those are done I'll be able to devote more time back to the Pioneer thread. In other words, life is getting in the way of my hobbies!

Jerry, I'm glad you like the saw. I wan't sure if you'd post it up on here but I'm glad you did. It couldn't have gone to a better owner.

I haven't been getting the automatic thread notices in my email. I wonder why? It's more diffiicult to stay in the loop when you don't know what's happening.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the NU-17.
Does anyone know the optimum operating rpm for this model with a 24" bar,
375 x 063 chain? I have ordered a new tach and want to set it right.
Thanks in advance for any help. Here is a vid of one of her first cuts today after installing a new carb kit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_zHgu3Vzc
:cheers:

Thanks for posting that vid., the saw sounds real good for its age. I would not run it above 10,000 rpm as most of those vintage saws ran well between 8,500 and 10,000 , use good quality mix oil at 40:1 , it will make the vintage saws run clean and make good power.
Pioneerguy600

Hi guys, thought I'd check in and see how thing are going. I've been away on several road trips lately and have been working on some other projects in my spare time. Once those are done I'll be able to devote more time back to the Pioneer thread. In other words, life is getting in the way of my hobbies!

Jerry, I'm glad you like the saw. I wan't sure if you'd post it up on here but I'm glad you did. It couldn't have gone to a better owner.

I haven't been getting the automatic thread notices in my email. I wonder why? It's more diffiicult to stay in the loop when you don't know what's happening.

Once AS sends you notice it must check your login activity and if you haven't checked AS for awhile it stops sending the email notice until you go back onto AS. my experience anyway...

Good to hear from you and to know you are alright, figured you were most likely just busy. The saw is perfect and all I did was remount the bar and chain. I have not even pulled the recoil out, don`t want to put any wear on the saw. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Staying at a buddy's place near Edmonton tonight, there's a howling spring blizzard back home so I'm waiting it out. Just put a new chain on the Farmsaw here and we're looking forward to cutting up some fresh windblown deadfall here tomorrow if it quits raining. The Farmsaw's great but wish I had my P50. Love that saw, tough as nails!

Staying at a buddy's place near Edmonton tonight, there's a howling spring blizzard back home so I'm waiting it out. Just put a new chain on the Farmsaw here and we're looking forward to cutting up some fresh windblown deadfall here tomorrow if it quits raining. The Farmsaw's great but wish I had my P50. Love that saw, tough as nails!

Hope the weather clears up for you and have fun cutting up the wood. Now a Farmsaw would not be my first choice of saws but it will get the job done, its a Pioneer after all. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Pioneer P51 Coil

hello fellows.
I am looking for an ignition coil for a P51 ( long blue coil). Also need a muffler outer cover for a P61 with the full basket cover.
I know someone gave me a PM a few months ago about a coil but I had to clean out my mail box. Any help will be great.
Jeff

Back