Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey pioneer fans, I just posted a video on youtube of my pioneer 800 that I recently aquired. The title of the video is "Hoss's Pioneer 800". I hope you guys enjoy seeing this 126cc monster cuttin.Other than Acres site this is only the second one (Lee's was the first) I have seen.

Hey pioneer fans, I just posted a video on youtube of my pioneer 800 that I recently aquired. The title of the video is "Hoss's Pioneer 800". I hope you guys enjoy seeing this 126cc monster cuttin.Other than Acres site this is only the second one (Lee's was the first) I have seen.

Got to watch your 800 cutting, good work on getting it up and running, seller said it was used hard and in rough shape but you got er going good.
Pioneerguy600

Well the saw had spark and very good compression when I got it. What it needed was a complete fuel system update. I rebuilt the tillotson (which I thought was kinda small for a saw this big) completely then cleaned the tank and replaced all the fuel lines. I was lucky to not have to deal with any air leaks. This saw is pretty well laid out and is one of the biggest (outside dimensions) saws I have ever worked on. They certainly did not skimp on material or reinforcments on this beast. After the fuel system all that was needed to make t ready to use was to repair two of the handle attachment points. I feel that this saw was a good bargain for it's rareness and how good it runs now.

Well the saw had spark and very good compression when I got it. What it needed was a complete fuel system update. I rebuilt the tillotson (which I thought was kinda small for a saw this big) completely then cleaned the tank and replaced all the fuel lines. I was lucky to not have to deal with any air leaks. This saw is pretty well laid out and is one of the biggest (outside dimensions) saws I have ever worked on. They certainly did not skimp on material or reinforcments on this beast. After the fuel system all that was needed to make t ready to use was to repair two of the handle attachment points. I feel that this saw was a good bargain for it's rareness and how good it runs now.

That is great Hoss, I figured it might have been badly worn from my conversation with the previous owner. I knew the handle attachments and the dawg holding lug would need some attention but that was minor for me, very happy to hear the bore and piston were in good shape. You got it running good so enjoy those big cc`s.
Pioneerguy600

Pioneer Manual site

Anything further on the collection of IPLs and Manuals for Pioneer saws?
I believe other posts said this would be located on a different site. Thanks for info.

Some of the guy`s that worked on the project will be along shortly and can give instructions as to how to access it, I have not needed to use it and can`t remember how to access it but it is out there somewhere.
Pioneerguy600

Thks for quick reply

Some of the guy`s that worked on the project will be along shortly and can give instructions as to how to access it, I have not needed to use it and can`t remember how to access it but it is out there somewhere.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry

pioneer 970 holiday II

thought i would show you guys what my friend just got for free. i was like a deer in the headlights. what a nice score. he has a buddy that is always breaking something or another and bringing it over for him to fix. he gave my friend this gem the other day. it's gonna need a new p/c and a few other things. what was nice is the extras. pioneer file holder, wedge, files, some booklets, and the case.
333bday002-3.jpg

333bday004.jpg

333bday006-1.jpg

Hello to all that frequent the pioneer thread.
At the suggestion of petesoldsaw I thought I would post a pic or two of a new to me NU-17. I have already posted the saw in another thread entitled My first ever Pioneer. I traded 1/2 cord of pine for it. Today I got it to fire up but it needs a carb kit to keep it running. Both of the local part shops were closed today being Sunday. Tomorrow I will pick up the carb kit and try to getter done.:)
Thanks to petesold saw for the invite to this thread. I have seen some very nice old saws so far and I'm only half way through it.:cheers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can't wait to put her in some wood, she has a very sweet sound when fired!

Hello to all that frequent the pioneer thread.
At the suggestion of petesoldsaw I thought I would post a pic or two of a new to me NU-17. I have already posted the saw in another thread entitled My first ever Pioneer. I traded 1/2 cord of pine for it. Today I got it to fire up but it needs a carb kit to keep it running. Both of the local part shops were closed today being Sunday. Tomorrow I will pick up the carb kit and try to getter done.:)
Thanks to petesold saw for the invite to this thread. I have seen some very nice old saws so far and I'm only half way through it.:cheers:

I can't wait to put her in some wood, she has a very sweet sound when fired!

Welcome to the Pioneer thread. Keep up the good work on your saw, you will have it running in no time.
Pioneerguy600

Man! That hardcase is cool.

The whole damn shooting match is cool.......lol

I have a cylinder you can have if you need it, no piston unless a 1074 is the same, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Let me know if I can help.

Love the old pioneers....:clap::clap:

The whole damn shooting match is cool.......lol

I have a cylinder you can have if you need it, no piston unless a 1074 is the same, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Let me know if I can help.

Love the old pioneers....:clap::clap:

I think the 1074 has one piston ring because my 1073 has one and I think the only difference between a 1073 and a 1074 is the chain tensioner. His picture shows two rings so it is more like a P25 I believe (my P25 has two rings).

Pioneer Manuals Link

Fellas,I'm SORRY this took so long for me to put this Pioneer link up for you!I just well got side tracked. cjcocn (Chris) took the Pioneer information that was emailed to him and placed it for all to see at the link I will provide.Chris Thank's Heap's for the work you did to bring this about!Also Thanks go out to,ModifiedMark, RENNIE, and Lou,for contributing information to the link.
If anyone has more information that is not on the link and would like to add it please send cjcocn a PM and he will take it from there.
Thanks
Lawrence

Pioneer Manual's Link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dc217a780ab47e4eab1eab3e9fa335cadf247fc782d61f10

Last edited:
Kevin1n

Kevin,Welcome aboard the Pioneer thread! That is some cool Pioneer stuff you have posted up! I agree with all who have mentioned that the hard case is a real great item.
Lawrence

Hoss!

Thanks for letting us know about your video of the Pioneer 800 on YouTube!
Really good to see those old saw's running despite their age!
Lawrence

PineFever!

PineFever,Thanks for posting the NU17 where it really belongs right with all the other Pioneers! Also Welcome aboard on here,hope you will have a great time on this thread
Lawrence

Back