Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P50 flywheel woes

I'm having some trouble taking the flywheel off a p50, there are no threaded holes.

I tried a couple different 3 jaw pullers and it seemed to bend the flywheel a little.

I also tried heating it up with a heat gun and a few taps on the side and nothing.

I would appreciate any help, maybe let some liquid wrench settling in there for a bit.

Thanks Kevin

If you remove the 2 pawls from the flywheel, you can use 1/4-20 bolts in a steering wheel type puller, or fab a puller.

arrowheadpioneer

Here is a pic with one of the pawls removed.

Thanks for the tips and pictures, that way looks alot better than what I was trying. I should've asked first, I probably messed this one up with the three jaw puller.

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

I checked my 24" Pioneer bars. Does this look like your bar Chris? The bar in the picture is a 24" Pioneer, it takes 79DL. The others I have are the Windsor/Pioneer and they take 81DL. The bar in the pic is about 1.5" shorter than the 24" Windsors. Even though it's stamped 24" you only get 22" of bar when mounted. That is without a spike on it also.

Thats my bar Ed. 79 links. Thanks again everybody.;)

655 Air Air filter set up

It was probably mentioned earlier in the thread but is the purpose of the top side air filter kit for the 655 to give the engine more air,thus a boost in power?I'm thinking it works along the same lines as an aftermarket air filter kit like an Air Raid system on vehicles.And does that aftermarket kit fit on the big Pioneer Pseries saws,of which the 655 was a knock off,correct?Would it work on a P42?
Thanks
Lawrence

I'm not sure if it gives much more power, I'm sure it breathes easier though. It does give it better filtration over the other type in my opinion. Yes, it will fit your P42. These were an option for the P62/65/655 from the factory.

This was supposedly a small slot bar, but I put it on my p-40 and it fits perfectly.

Too bad I got no chain....:msp_rolleyes:

That's odd. The bar I have (same part number) would not fit the saws I have without filing the slot larger. I had to open it about .5 mm.

Jerry, Does the book you have mention the bar pattern and what is supposed to fit?

That's odd. The bar I have (same part number) would not fit the saws I have without filing the slot larger. I had to open it about .5 mm.

Jerry, Does the book you have mention the bar pattern and what is supposed to fit?

Not the book this bar is found in, it does state if its a Posi Lube bar it will fit the 3/8" stud saws without modification. It also states that any bar with a M after the part number is factory modified to fit the 3/8" stud saws as is and will fit the smaller 5/16" stud saws with an adapter, they will have two bar oil holes. The Posi Lube bar has an elongated slot to fit both size stud saws.
Pioneerguy600

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

That's strange. The part numbers on Chris's bar and mine are the same, yet mine had the 5/16" slot. You can see in the pics how much I removed with a file to get it to fit the 3/8" studs, about 1.5mm. Looks like I may have got a factory reject bar. lol

Latest posts

Back