Pole Saw Head - Straight or Angled?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get an Efco pruner. They are the only one on the market with a pivotable head (5 positions 0-90°).

Have you used the efco and the stihl? I thought about putting the efco pole pruner as the saw I regretted the most. I thought about putting the stihl 131 ht as favorite sub 45ccf saw.

There is some reason why the efco one jumps and hops while the stihl one just digs in and cuts. It isn't the bar or chain as I have modified one to fit both. It is possibly the rubber mounting of the efco powerhead, possibly poor bearing and gear choice in the efco head. Maybe too much side offset but kind of too much hopping and jumping for me to think that is mainly the cause.
Even the efco attachment put on the four cycle honda powerhead still hops.

Someone who makes utube videos is welcome to come over or a prospective buyer. Not much price difference unless discounted. At least in this market.

That Stihl angle attachment is to my understanding for cutting tops of things level not cheating and using the pole at a steeper angle than the manual states.

Latest posts

Back